Exciting NSV - (tiny?)

Options
I was talking to one of my coworkers today and she stopped and said, "I can't believe how tiny you are looking these days." Me? TINY??? If I were asked to come up with 500 words to describe myself, "tiny" wouldn't be anywhere in there. Short, stocky, maybe recently even "healthy looking", but not tiny. At 140 lbs on 5'3", I've just barely made it into "normal weight" after being obese for some time and I still want to lose another 10 lbs to be solidly in that range. I do have to say, it REALLY felt good to hear that.

Replies

• Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I bet that felt great! Im 5'2.5 and 140 and I know what you mean by short and stocky. I cant wait until I feel "tiny"!! :bigsmile:

Congrats on your weight loss by the way!!!
  • budkow
    budkow Posts: 39
    Options
    Not trying to do a "me too" post, but I get the same thing at work! It's weird. People call me "skinny" in the halls and some of my coworkers think I'm TOO THIN. It's weird! I guess it's based on them comparing the "before" with the "current". Also, I think what we see in the mirror is not always what others see when they look at us (I still see a big fatty in my mirror).

I guess I should listen to my own advice, but listen to it and enjoy it. Don't question their motives or wonder if they're daft. Say thank you, smile and feel good about yourself! :smile:
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    awesome! You've come so far! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time :D
  • ladycomix
    ladycomix Posts: 104
    Options
    congrats! It's exciting to hear how differently people view you than before...great job :)
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is fabulous. You have worked hard for those compliments - soak em up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!