Just starting...

Options
Hello! I;m new to this. I'm finding it hard to stay within the protein, fat & carbs criteria. I get all my calories but find it very annoying that most days I'm over my protein mainly. Any suggestions? I'm a meat eater & I won't stop but that's where I get it from is my meat at dinner. Color me annoyed :)

Replies

• jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The protein goal on here is a lot lower than us meat eaters are used to. If we were really eating a balanced diet we would eat a lot less meat than most people do. I would recommend not focusing too much on the protein goal unless you are trying to cut meat out of your diet. If your goal is to lose weight you can still do it without adhering to the exact goals for protein, fat, carbs, etc. Good luck!
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I live for meat too! I have to fill up on chicken and turkey breast. You can eat a ton of it for almost no calories. I brine it for an hour then smoke it. But baking keeps it good and moist too. I have to pace my self for beef and pork. If I know I'm going to have something like that, I have to ration my calories all day. But it's worth it, I can eat the foods I want & if I'm careful I still lose weight. It helps to log in my calories before I eat.