Help with overeating

Options
Hi guys,I need help with overeating,esspecially sugary snacks. I eat healty for 2 days (and not in too low number of calories,so under eating is not the cause) and the third day I would binge. Not a crazy binge,I read that people can go up to 10000 calories,but a 1000 -1500 calories. Than I feel bad and I really want to stop this cycle. Any else facing the same problem? Thoughts?

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Are you meeting your Macros every day? Are you meeting your minimum fat protein and fiber goals everyday? Are you saving enough room in your daily calories to have a small treat? I find if I can look forward to a small treat everyday it lessens my desire to pig out on it. I have one or two servings of Halo top ice cream almost every night. It tastes delicious it is very sweet and satisfies my sweet tooth. And two servings is modest enough calories to be well within my goals.

But ultimately it's all about your mindset. You have to want to stay on plan more than you want to overeat. You have to want to lose the weight more than you want to overeat.

Temptations come all the time. Usually if you can distract yourself from it it helps. I get up and go for a walk, I drink a bottle of water, or I have a cup of hot black coffee or hot black tea. I read a book while sucking on a hard candy. I tell myself that I need to stay on plan if I am going to lose the weight.

I approach it the same way I approach going to work when I'd rather stay home in bed. Sure I'd love to stay home in bed but then I'd have no money to pay the bills. So I get up and go to work. I implement my eating plan the exact same way.
  • roseo13
    roseo13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat "junk" everyday. Recently, tasty cakes were on sale. I bought four boxes and I make my husband split a pack with me before bed. Knowing that I have my one krimpet to look forward to keeps me motivated to say no thanks to a lot of other things during the day. And tomorrow, I have a red velvet cupcake waiting for me, so I know that if I want it, I have to be patient. Before, I would turn up my nose at all the treats that I love, but then crack a few days later and eat an entire box. Now, I learned that either way I'm going to eat my treats, and at least planning them into my day helps me not to binge on them randomly.
    Maybe you could try something similar? Or even keep the sugar snacks in the freezer, it'll take awhile to defrost , and most like you'll be able to get a grip on the binge and have time to think, "do I really want the entire box, or just the one?"
  • ane1027
    ane1027 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Theese are hepfull. It is crearly a mind set up rather than hunger, so I'll have to work on that. Thank you.