colds throw a wrench into everything!

Options
Argh! I have this sinus cold and I either dont feel like eating at all or I try to "feed" the cold. I am exhausted and although not going over in calories I am just not getting what I need as far as protein, water and fiber. CArbs are never a prob esp when I am sick.

Hoping this goes away soon so I can get on track again.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Argh! I have this sinus cold and I either dont feel like eating at all or I try to "feed" the cold. I am exhausted and although not going over in calories I am just not getting what I need as far as protein, water and fiber. CArbs are never a prob esp when I am sick.

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options

I;ve been battling the same thing for the past 5 days...I have ZERO energy! UGH!!!!!!!!! Just when I thought I was getinng somewhere!!
  • mgeek40
    Options
    I know the feeling. Totally blew my calories with juice. Only thing I wanted. Colds suck!
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Try feeding your cold with some low-sodium home made vegetable soup (throw in a chicken breast - it's low in calories).....and perhaps some double-fiber wheat bread for dippin.....

Don't let the cold fool you - eating differently at this stage of the game will not help your cold. It may only serve to bum you out, lowering your resistence to being sick longer.

Fight it...you can do this. :wink: