Losing weight and gaining hope

Hi everyone! Ive only joined here yesterday and I'm loving it so far!

A bit about me, I'm 38 and unfortunately cannot have children. Myself and my husband have tried ourselves and we have had IVF here where we live and also abroad and it hasn't worked out, so it's one of those things that just isn't meant to be. I think having the stress of IVF for the last few years has made me put myself and what I need to the back of the line, as I was focused on being a mother, and then grieving the life I knew I would never have. I stopped paying attention to what I ate, how I dressed, any exercise went out the window completely!

I'm away in 9 weeks and that has really given me a kick up the bump to put the head down and really focus on what I eat and exercising and hoping I lose 10lbs before I go away. It's the first time in a long time I feel control over this and excited. I really want to stick to it and I hope I can!

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Congrats to you on getting your motivation to get yourself healthy! I commend your spirit.
    There are plenty of adoptable kids out there if that is something you are interested in. They would LOVE someone who wants kids badly and would give you all their love.
  • Jo25369
    Jo25369 Posts: 39 Member
    Congrats to you on getting your motivation to get yourself healthy! I commend your spirit.
    There are plenty of adoptable kids out there if that is something you are interested in. They would LOVE someone who wants kids badly and would give you all their love.

Thanks so much amgreenwell! We have looked into adoption but after spending so much money on IVF, we cant afford it. Our plan is to try and save so we can buy our own home :)