Diarrhea & Exercise(Help!)

Options
jaackyrivera14
jaackyrivera14 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Sorry if all this is tmi. But I recently got back on track and started working out and eating healthy. I have been eating mainly fruits, veggies & chicken, but since I started, the diarrhea did too. I get it through out the day and I know I am not dehydrated because I have been drinking a gallon of water a day or more. I am working out twice a day, but I feel perfectly fine. I have read online that it can be harmful, but only if there are certain symptoms or pain which I have not experienced any. My weight also fluctuates so dramatically but i have always had that issue. I am currently down 6-7 pounds but I’m sure it’s mostly water weight. Any who, my question is- Has anyone else experienced the same thing, as far as lose stools? Or does anyone know what may be causing it?Thank you in advance:)

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If your diet has radically changed recently this could be the reason for your diarrhea, fruit and veg can work as a diuretic and could possibly be causing this. But usually after a few days it will leave you feeling a lack of energy and probably needs a doctors opinion as its normal for it to last more than a few days. Please seek a medical opinion.

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely blame the sudden diet changes. Eating a lot more fruit and veggies can definitely do that.

Your body will eventually adjust - in the meantime, you could try to scale down a bit on the fruit and veg and slowly add more over the coming weeks.
  • Kayla647
    Kayla647 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem! ive stopped going to the bathroom. been eating better and exercising for 2 months started happening a couple weeks ago. My weight loss has slowed drastically I'm assuming because I'm so backed up
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You are drinking a lot of water. Are you that thirsty or just driniking it because you think you should? A gallon or more of water every day is pretty excessive and could be a large part of the issue. You are also getting fluids from fruits and vegetables that make up a lot of your diet. Cut your water consumption by about half and see what happens.

Are you eating foods you were not eating before? Maybe a food is not right with you.
    Incorporate some of the foods you used to eat and see what happens.

If this has been going on for over a week I'd see your doctor. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diarrhea/symptoms-causes/syc-20352241
  • eslapier
    eslapier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I cut out all sugars except those in fruits/veggies It is the same issue, should only last a few days!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If I eat certain sugar replacements, (I think it's sorbitol), yeah I get "issues". I also get my lowest weight the next morning.

Have you switched to a diet version of something? Last one for me was ice cream.