• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    dang ..... do none of you have over eating issues

(7) Eat the whole chicken in one go .. feel guilty, get complained at by the wife for not turning it it in to several meals . make broth with bones

and

(8) Secretly buy and eat the whole chicken in one go and hide the bones in the bin

I'm not sure I could eat the whole thing in one go. Besides, I make Swiss Chalet dipping sauce and fries to go along with it so it feels like I went to Swiss Chalet even though there isn't one close to me.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    dang ..... do none of you have over eating issues

(7) Eat the whole chicken in one go .. feel guilty, get complained at by the wife for not turning it it in to several meals . make broth with bones

and

(8) Secretly buy and eat the whole chicken in one go and hide the bones in the bin

Yes I have over eaten more than I should plenty of times but I have never eaten a whole chicken all at once by myself.

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I like to remove all the meat so I can store the carcass away in the freezer for bone broth. Then all the meat is ready to eat in the fridge for leftovers.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    CatchMom13 wrote: »
    4 - Don't buy it at all... it's slimy and icky and triggers my gag reflex just thinking about touching it. It should trigger yours too toots! :s

Do you only have access to the cold ones? They can get a little... gelatinous from the hot fat solidifying as it cools. I have never gotten a hot rotisserie chicken that was slimy or icky or triggering.

No, no, no... I'm talking about any kind of chicken on the bone... warm or cold... it's slimy and icky and I won't touch it. lol. :s I don't eat any chicken on the bone for the same reasons... I find it slimy.

I only deal with boneless, skinless chicken. I tried pulling chicken from a fresh rotisserie for a recipe and between the smell and the slimy feeling, never again. I'll take the long route of throwing my boneless skinless chicken breast in a crock pot or boiling in seasoning for whatever I need it for.

Yes, I know that I'm a little neurotic when it comes to poultry.
  • grammagrape
    grammagrape Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    eat the legs and wings for the first meals. Debone. Make stock with the carcass.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just here but the chicken are dry and completely devoid of flavor, adding salt and pepper barely helps.

Varies with store. Here, Wegmans' ones are pretty good, Tops' are dry salt-licks.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Leave whole and carve whatever is needed. I do this whether I buy one ready or roast myself. Use the bones with any leftover meat for chicken soup.

Amen!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    We buy a rotisserie chicken every week. If DH is home, he gets the drumsticks. I pick everything off the bone while it is warm, eating some of the breast meat and, if it is done properly, some of the skin. Which I dutifully log, of course.

The pulled chicken mostly goes in lunch salads, but is also good for tacos or stir fry.