Stubborn Belly & Love Handles Fat

Options
Anyone have any diet tweaks or anything to help get rid of this been working out and eating healthier for weeks and nothing has changed...

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Keep losing weight via caloric deficit (eating less calories than you burn). You can't "spot reduce" from any particular area of your body through diet, exercise or supplements. Your genetics dictate your fat distribution patterns and where you gain/lose from first and last.

For most men, the stomach/midsection is the most stubborn fat and the last place you'll lose it from. Google "android fat distribution" to learn more about it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No. You cannot target fat loss. Your fat will decrease from everywhere as you lose. Also, just "eating healthy" will not automatically mean fat loss. You must eat less than you burn.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    How many weeks? Did you take your measurements when you started? You may have made some progress but it can be hard to tell without numbers to compare. Hang in there and don't give up. Progress is never as fast as we'd like.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    the midsection is primary fat stores for many people and most men...it's a first on, last off kinda deal.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    What they all said. Keep losing and eating at a deficit. The closer to goal you are, the tighter your tracking will probably need to be and the slower the losses.

That's always the last place my body loses weight, and the largest fat stores, so yes, it's frustrating, but just the reality of being human.
  • ThisOtherGirl
    ThisOtherGirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I got the gastric sleeve about 5 months ago. I lost about 53 lbs. And even though everyone says my tummy has shrunk, I still have this feeling it is just as big.. I mean most of my pants still fit and sit on my waist. I do crunches, jumping jacks etc.. I think I am just eating way too many carbs (+/- 80) that’s about half the quantity I should be eating. I also noticed I am always waaaaay above the FAT quantity I should consume per day! But I am a cheese person.. How do you guys manage to stay under your fat goal? Suggestions are welcome!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I got the gastric sleeve about 5 months ago. I lost about 53 lbs. And even though everyone says my tummy has shrunk, I still have this feeling it is just as big.. I mean most of my pants still fit and sit on my waist. I do crunches, jumping jacks etc.. I think I am just eating way too many carbs (+/- 80) that’s about half the quantity I should be eating. I also noticed I am always waaaaay above the FAT quantity I should consume per day! But I am a cheese person.. How do you guys manage to stay under your fat goal? Suggestions are welcome!

You may want to speak with your surgical team about this since you have a different set of needs than the regular person losing weight

OP, read this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach