Weight loss surgery!

Options
Hi there I just had weight loss surgery (vsg) a few days ago I have been dieting since I was 15 and would like to meet new people who support me and wondering if there's any body else who have had this procedure?

Replies

• Drlove692x
    Drlove692x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am weight loss surgery but it was gastric bypass
  • pugmom82
    pugmom82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I had vsg at the end of June 2017. I'm always up for giving support and encouragement.
  • 86Tam
    86Tam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had RNY, but everyone that's had surgery like this is part of a huge community! Congrats on your new found way of life!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had VSG on 6/9/17
    High weigh-271
    Current weight-175.4
    I like connecting with people who have went through the same/similar process!
  • janice1112011
    janice1112011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had VSG in May 2017. I'm always up for connecting with others in the WLS community. Add me.
    HW: 274lbs
    Day of surgery: 244lbs
    Current weight: 167lbs
    My surgeon's goal weight for me is 125lbs
  • kelleyblas
    kelleyblas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had the SIPS (sleeve with intestinal reroute) surgery on 2/20. How is everyone doing?
  • Karyn1415
    Karyn1415 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had vsg 03-07-18
    Hw: 382
    Sw: 347
    Cw: 330
    You're more than welcome to add me.
  • lmroth1230
    lmroth1230 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypas 9/12/16. I have lost 190lbs so far. I actually just joined My Fitness Pal because I have noticed getting back into some of my old habits and I want to keep close eye on what I am eating. Congratualtions on creating a new healthy life for yourself. You will never regret it.
  • seeskogirl
    seeskogirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. You all are doing great. Stay focused and determined. You got this. I am coming up on a year anniversary myself.
  • MaryBosley1
    MaryBosley1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Bariatric Pals,
    I had a gastric bypass 06/07/17
    HW 287
    SW 254
    CW 207
    My weight loss surgery became a necessity due to crippling back pain that kept me bedbound, unable to stand or walk for more then two or three minutes. I had used MFP to keep a food diary as a requirement to show my nurtritionist I understood how I was to eat after surgery. My weight loss has stalled so I decided to start keeping the diary again. I was initially disappointed with my weight loss, since I had heard so many amazing success stories, but my dear husband of 40 years reminds me that most of these come from much younger, more active women. I will be 64 in June. I still wouldn’t mind some advice and encouragement. I try to swim laps at the community REC center three days a week for about 45 minutes, but I always spend the next day in bed with low back pain, especially the glut area near my tailbone. I've tried stretching in the water and stretching again when I get home but I still need that day off between swims. Is there a forum just for Bariatric folks?
  • sarahfedup
    sarahfedup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new here, too and pre-op. I am hoping to have RNY (bypass) by summer. I have been working with my surgeon since Oct and am almost there. I have to lose 30 lbs to get my BMI down and I only have about 8 lbs to go!!

Good luck and I hope to join you on the losers bench soon!!! :smile:
  • penelope121712
    penelope121712 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, All I had weight loss surgery back in 12/2012. Now it is 2018 and I find myself gaining weight and I want to cry. My starting weight was 307. I got down to 175 my surgeon wanted me to be 189. Now I am 204 as of this morning. My goal is to get back at 189. I was never happy when I was 189 or even 175. because in my mind I thought I wanted and needed to be smaller. So folks please be happy with your progress and please do not compare yourself with others this is your own journey and no one else. I had to learn that the hard way.
  • croz1018
    croz1018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Zick26 wrote: »
    Hi there I just had weight loss surgery (vsg) a few days ago I have been dieting since I was 15 and would like to meet new people who support me and wondering if there's any body else who have had this procedure?

I had VSG on 1/26/18 :) Please add me as a friend and we can support each others successes :)
  • bjess8411
    bjess8411 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Zick26 wrote: »

I just had the surgery in June. It is definitely a shock mentally and I've been struggling with social anxiety and walking depression some. I'm trying to work on those issues.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about the surgery. What really worries me is the thought of excess skin, since I am at an age where it won't snap back. Has anyone had excess skin removal? I'm thinking about gastric sleeve. I also just read that there is a Dr. nearby that does a non-surgical balloon. Has anyone heard of it?
  • gulickmike
    gulickmike Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys have been thinking of investigating this surgery option. Has anyone regretted it and if so for what reasons?
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 weeks post op. sleeves on 17th July. No regrets and wish I had had the courage to do it sooner. I've lost 11kg in 3 weeks. Including my pre op diet and az small weight loss earlier in the year I have lost in 6 months what it took me 18 months to go last time around and this time I know I can't put it back.
  • ylc0208
    ylc0208 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about the surgery. What really worries me is the thought of excess skin, since I am at an age where it won't snap back. Has anyone had excess skin removal? I'm thinking about gastric sleeve. I also just read that there is a Dr. nearby that does a non-surgical balloon. Has anyone heard of it?

I am scheduled for surgery on the 20th. During all the classes/meetings that I had to go to they clearly stated that while balloon is helpful but not as effective as sleeve or bypass. Talk to the surgeon and he/she can give you more details/info regarding success.
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I had weight loss surgery (sleeve) in August 2017. It has been the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.

I’ve lost 70 kg (I think that’s about 150 lbs). The surgery was painless and recovery was quick. I was back at work after a week.

I still have some weight to lose, I’ve lost focus over the last few months but I’m now recommitted to losing the rest of my weight.

Best of luck on your journey!!