New to MFP, but 6 months into my WL journey

Options
Hello from Texas. I live in the Richardson/Plano area of North Dallas, and last May, I made up my mind to change what I had become. Prior to starting this journey, I weighed 356#, took 9 meds per day, had sore knees, and huffed and puffed a lot.

Now, I'm 86 pounds down, workout 3-5 days per week, knees feel great, down from a 48" waist to a LOOSE 42", and the good Dr has taken me off of all but 2 meds!

Replies

• CindyMarie85
    CindyMarie85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You have made some amazing progress!! Do you have a goal weight or are just working towards not having to take those other 2 meds?
  • RaleighCaldwell
    RaleighCaldwell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I'll always take the other 2 meds due to non weight related issues, but I have set myself goals all through this in 10 pound increments... Happy weight for me will be 240, stretch goal could be 225, but it depends on how I look. I'm a big guy, so we shall see...
  • CindyMarie85
    CindyMarie85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Right on, well I wish you well on the rest of your journey :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome how did you do it??
  • RaleighCaldwell
    RaleighCaldwell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @harley79, I experimented with several different ways of eating until I found the low carb high fat seemed to work the best for me. It's not the plan for all, but tied in well with my lifestyle and work life. I also make certain to not exceed my daily caloric intake. Exercise didn't start until the Dr cleared me for it in November.