What to eat?

Options
Hey everyone,

Hope we're all doing well and smiling :)

I'd like to know what people eat to start their day off for their breakfast, and also, when they work out, what they tend to have within the two/three hours leading up to the exercise, and post session?

I'm learning so much from the threads on here - amazing how addictive it is!

Sarah x

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have 30g cheerios cereal with 100ml skimmed milk for my breakfast

I tend to work out in the evenings around 5 or 6 when i get in from work so i know my lunch has gone down and what get indijestion and then have a break before dinner :)

xxx
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a yoghurt (protein) and some fruit (carbs) for breakfast during the week about an hour after rising - I can't face food immediately so I eat this at work. At the weekend I have something a bit more exciting, eggs with seeded bread or pancakes made with cottage cheese, eggs and oats.

About an hour before exercising (I go straight from work) I have a very small portion of low GI carbs (like an apple), and post session (within half an hour of training) I have a banana (if I've been doing intense cardio like spin) or a protein shake (if I've been doing something incorporating weights, or if my protein intake for the day is looking a little low) or both if I've done a mixed workout. I then eat a balanced dinner about an hour after my post-workout snack.
  • missjoclarke
    Options
    Morning gorgeous - brekkie for me small bowl off porridge oats (40g dry weight and skimmed milk) then i go swimming 20 mins later. Try having about 3 rice cakes with a banana...slow release carbs hun...that might help ya xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • tireetje
    tireetje Posts: 49
    Options
    i do have a problem making sure i eat enough before i exercise. i go to the gym at lunch once a week and find i sometimes dont eat enough before. and really struggle with energy levels, i always grab a roll after the gym.

my solution so far has been:
    breakfast: toast + butter/peanut butter

around 10-11
    coffee or green tea sometimes both
    an apple + banana (or peach/necatarine/plum)

this way i find it gives me the sugary energy from fruit before exercise, but still healthy.
    even eating all this sometimes i do feel low in energy levels.
    hope that helps. x