I'm New!

Options
Hello everyone! I am new at this. It would be cool to add some friends even though I probably dont know anyone here. I think the support would be nice. Im 5'8" and 153 lbs. So I am wanting to get back down around 120 lbs. My biggest thing would be that I would like to hear some great healthy dinner recipies that people like! I need to get into the habit of making healthy low-cal foods for dinner! Thanks! :)

Replies

• mcguink
    mcguink Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey soswald1 I'm new also, have just joined today and don't know anyone on the site. I'm 133 lbs but would like to get back to 113 lbs which I was at the beginning of 2011.
    In terms of low-cal dinner recipes, I always think that steamed fish and plenty of leafy green vegetables are hard to beat. They fill you up also. Any kind of lean protein is good, my personal favourite is prawns (shrimp), very high in protein, low in fat and low in calories. I always make a big batch of low cal homemade soup at weekends too and store smaller portions for a handy but healthy and filling go-to snack during the week.

I'm not so much of a stickler for recipes, I tend to experiment a lot with herbs and spices to mix up the flavour of the meat/fish and veg that make up the foundation of my evening meal!
    Best of luck :-)
  • soswald1
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I appreciate it :) I will add you as my first friend! lol
  • mcguink
    mcguink Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the add...hope all is going well :-)