Atkins in the Daily Mail.

Replies

• MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    It must be true if you read it in the Daily Mail!! Next week they'll print something completely different on the same subject.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    lol the daily mail pretty much makes up it's own stories...
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    It's actually been a theory for several years that low-carb diets can relegate insulin levels, it was a particularly popular theory in the 80s. The more current consensus amongst nutritionists seems to be favouring a low gi diet for diabetics as its more maintainable.
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    I am a diabetic and have posted this article because Atkins has given me such tight control over my blood sugar levels. I am on the lowest amount of insulin I have ever been on and I feel great. If it can also help to reduce the type two epidemic then I am all in favour! :)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on your success!
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    If you actually read the Atkins book, or more recently Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes, they both explain how it works very well.
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    If you actually read the Atkins book, or more recently Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes, they both explain how it works very well.

Well said!
  • Going for a walk with tina today to the library, i'll check it out. Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
  • perhaps we get fat is because we eat too much processed foods, high in calories low in nutrition. Along with not enough exercise.