can't lose weight?

Options
I am a 21 year old female who weighs 170 lbs. I work out for about an hour six days a week and eat a healthy diet. I eat around 1,500 calories per day (recording everything, I promise), but I have lost no weight. How could this be?

Replies

• kaighgurl9
    kaighgurl9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @MichelleSilverleaf I have been at this for over a month now. I have always eaten healthy, but I have been doing a hard calorie count for five weeks. I have gained about a pound since mid-January.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Food scale.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know your intake, drop your intake by 100 calories per day.
  • kaighgurl9
    kaighgurl9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Lesscookies1 I eat yogurt in the morning (weighed) along with a protein bar and half a banana, chicken which is from the dining hall nutrition website, and broccoli. Sometimes I'll eat an ounce or two of eggs. That's about it. and I occasionally eat peanut butter with jelly. And string cheese. I don't have much to weigh.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    kaighgurl9 wrote: »
    @Lesscookies1 I eat yogurt in the morning (weighed) along with a protein bar and half a banana, chicken which is from the dining hall nutrition website, and broccoli. Sometimes I'll eat an ounce or two of eggs. That's about it. and I occasionally eat peanut butter with jelly. And string cheese. I don't have much to weigh.

Have you been trying this for less than 3 weeks or more? One of the users gave a flow diagram That is amazing.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    kaighgurl9 wrote: »
    @Lesscookies1 I have been counting calories strictly for 5 weeks now. @DevilsFan1 I am only eating 1,500 calories per day..... I am not sure how much less I can eat... I work out every day.

Have you been through the steps on the flowchart yet? I know if you use a screen reader type program you might not see it, so I just want to check that you've covered everything in it.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    tvnz1ryhbdr8.jpg

I'm not sure if the OP saw this amazing chart that Tiny Dancer posted, so I'm going to copy it here for the OP.

I think we've all told her she's eating more calories than she thinks, and she doesn't use a food scale to measure her full intake, and relies on food labels that can underestimate calories, so Op if you want change you're going to have to change what you're doing now and try something new. It's not like you have something to lose except for weight that is. Good luck!!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,448 Member
    Options
    I did manage to lose weight with canteen food, which had completely illogical calorie/macro information. The cooked rice contained a massive amount of fat according to the macros, yet the chef said they don't put fat into the rice. Of course all pieces of meat have different sizes, and many curries available there various amounts of fat, depending on how much food was still in the tray. The only way to make sure I was losing weight was to take two portions of food: one in plastic cups that I would later weigh, and one for eating. Then repeat the weighing every few weeks, as portion creep is very common.