Kinobody Goddess Toning Program?

Options
I'm thinking about purchasing this program, but I'd like to hear from anyone that has done it. What kind of results can I expect? And if anyone has progress pictures from this particular program that would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I follow Greg on IG and the talk of this program caught my eye as well. Do you know what the training is like?

But the name of the program is just...uch.. I get it but.. :s
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't specify without a payment. He talks about being in a calorie deficit and still being able to lose fat while gaining muscle.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    No, it doesn't specify without a payment. He talks about being in a calorie deficit and still being able to lose fat while gaining muscle.

Ehhh... I mean it is possible in certain circumstances (especially new lifters, overweight individuals, eating just a hair under maintenance and almost recomping..) but I mean, if someone is already fairly lean with lack of muscle and wanted to grow very undeveloped glutes and delts or something, the changes will be little to none in a deficit. So.. yea I duno.

Depending on your goals of course, if you decide this one isn't for you, you can also look into other similar programs... Strong Curves, Thinner Leaner Stronger, New Rules of Lifting for Women, etc.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

Any program that claims you can lose fat while GAINING muscle is utter hogwash. You literally need a surplus of calories to build muscle. Muscle cannot be created out of nothing. It's physiologically impossible to turn fat into muscle. They're two entirely different types of body tissue with different types of cells (fat is adipose tissue, while muscle is made of proteins).
  • sardelsa
    Options
    leggup wrote: »

Any program that claims you can lose fat while GAINING muscle is utter hogwash. You literally need a surplus of calories to build muscle. Muscle cannot be created out of nothing. It's physiologically impossible to turn fat into muscle. They're two entirely different types of body tissue with different types of cells (fat is adipose tissue, while muscle is made of proteins).

I don't think that is what the author of the program was implying.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I was responding to @SCP0914 . This may help you both make your choices. It lays out the 6 programs: http://www.highya.com/kinobody-reviews
  • sardelsa
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I was responding to @SCP0914 . This may help you both make your choices. It lays out the 6 programs: http://www.highya.com/kinobody-reviews

Alright but nowhere in her post did she day the author said that...lose fat and gaining muscle does not equal turning fat into muscle. Also losing fat and gaining muscle is not hogwash and not impossible eating at maintenance (recomp) and under certain specific circumstances in a deficit.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to offer a thought with the losing fat and gaining muscle debate. For what little I know, it's not the amount of calories that decide your ability to build muscle, but the amount of protein and carbs that are available for energy and muscle restoration. Its possible to eat a lot of empty calories yet not be able to restore muscles because there's no substance. At the same time it's possible to eat at a deficit of calories while being rich in protein and carbs resulting in quick muscle recovery and the ability to gain strength and grow muscle. It obviously won't grow in size as quickly at a deficit, but it's better to get toned, defined strong muscle before trying to bulk up. Otherwise a person ends up with with big flabby muscle that deteriorates quickly because it lacks density and structure. I don't know much and everything seems like a theory that's proven in one person's life and disproven in another's when it comes to health, but from what I've seen the amount of calories when it comes to muscle repair and growth potential is much less important than the quality of those calories. Just a thought.

So if I'm trying to build a brick wall that requires 100 bricks, it'll work just fine if I only have 20 "high quality" bricks, but not if I have 200 "low-quality" bricks?

Also, please further define "flabby muscle".
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    LOL at big flabby muscle that lacks density. Strong second post!!

I don't know a lot about this specific program you mentioned but I do know that Greg is a really big fan of IF and all his programs (the nutritional component of course) are based around this. From what I know of his male programs he doesn't follow the same structure as most programs (eg training for aesthetics and proportion over athleticism and strength), as such he'll train upper body more than legs and with different volume and intensity.

All depends what you are into.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Do zombies have flabby muscles?
  • Chesirekate
    Chesirekate Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this Kinobody, based off of a meeting with a nutritionist who asked me a bunch of questions about my eating habit and work out habits and some other things. Based off of what a typical day for me is like, the IF and workout schedule fit perfectly. I'm following the extreme fatloss, and goddess program. So far I'm actually having a hard time eating all my protein and calories in 2 meals...anyone else have this issue?