Can a woman ever be too tall or heavy to wear dress shoes in public, eg high heels? And be trendy?

Options
It seems the fashion industry doesn't cater for any girl over 5 ft 8 inches and 200lbs!! My heels break or my feet are too wide or the boots don't zip up or nothing is in my size! Help

Replies

• Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, I hear you!

Not sure what country you are in, but if it's the UK, Evans design shoes built for this purpose. Wide fit & heels well supported etc. Extensive range too. :)https://m.evans.co.uk/en/evuk/category/shoes-250471/view-all-footwear-1881515
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Have you tried kitten heels as opposed to stilettos? I know the skinnier the heel the harder it would be to hold the pressure of weight. I wear kitten heels all the time b/c I find them more comfortable and most designers make shoes in a wide width to accommodate bigger feet. I'm not sure about boots but maybe try booties, they don't have to zip over your calf. Sorry you are having this issue. All women should feel confident and trendy in whatever they wear.
  • KolleenS
    KolleenS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't know what country you live in, but in the states there is a company called Vionics. They have stylish shoes, but the comfort is beyond anything I experienced.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    As for the boots my advice is to try many different brands & styles if you can. Pay attention to reviewer comments on Amazon as well. I've always been able to locate tall boots that fit even at 5'8" and wearing size 24 clothing. But even now at size 10, there are the odd pair of tall boots that are tight on my average width calves. It varies so much!

I don't wear heels though so I can't help you there.
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    If you are in the US I think Torrid has a great selection of super sexy shoes and boots specifically for plus size ladies. Also...You be You! Rock a hot shoe whenever you want!
  • Brimstone1973
    Brimstone1973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Full Beauty offers wide calf boots and the prices are reasonable- I have 4 pair of them! I tend to go with a shoe or boot that has a chunky 3" heel. Kohls has a great selection of those!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you are in the US I think Torrid has a great selection of super sexy shoes and boots specifically for plus size ladies. Also...You be You! Rock a hot shoe whenever you want!

Exactly! Torrid and Addition-elle, DWS, Naturalizer. Rock on with your bad self! There are a ton of wide width shoes out there and sorts of block heels, 1 - 2" heels, oh and wedges are cute too. I'm like 5 ft tall so I often feel the need to wear something with a bit of a heel. Wide width boots are out there. Be you, be fabulous! Good luck gorgeous!
  • carlyraeho11as
    carlyraeho11as Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No, you can never be too tall to wear heels or dresses! Xox
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Yes! Second Torrid! I love their clothes
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    No, you can never be too tall to wear heels or dresses! Xox

This!!
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and 200 currently and aside from riding boots or flip-flops I only wear heels. I have all types of heels and I have never had a problem.

I am not overly-focused on shoes, but I love them. When my weight fluctuates, I can wear awesome shoes and change up my style, even if my clothes stay neutral.