Body Modders Unite! Week 1 (Open group)

Options
You're here because you love to modify that beautiful body. Whether it's with piercings, tattoos, dermals, or beyond, this is the place for you! We're a chillax group in the sense that we're here to support each other through friendship, weekly weigh-ins, weekly challenges and body mod discussion. The group is always open to those who want to join. :)

Our body modders so far:

beginswithb
hm_day
sexforjaffacakes
SyllyReth
CamelotKennedys
CeejayGee
mysticdawnie

To get the ball rolling, I'll introduce myself and my current mods. :)

I'm Brandi, a 29 year old mom from Ohio. I've been on MFP for two months now and LOVE it. My big goal, as of right now, is to lose a total of 79 pounds. From there, I'll establish another goal. I have a kickass daughter, age 7, who keeps me busy and laughing. My dad has full sleeves and always encouraged me to explore ink as a means of self-expression. I stupidly got my first tattoo at the age of 18. It's a terribad straightedge tattoo on my lower back. Ick! As of right now, I have five tattoos (one is a half-sleeve in progress), nostril piercing, labret/lip piercing, and earlobes gauged at 6 (goal: 00). Once my sleeve is finished in September, I will begin the others I have planned (including another half-sleeve and a Beatles tribute on the backs of my calves). As far as piercings go, I'll get the other side of my lip done when this piercing is fully healed for snakebites. I'm tossing around the idea of a septum piercing too. What can I say? I love the pain!

FIRST CHALLENGE:

Piercings and tattoos require hydration and proper nutrition. This week's challenge will be to drink at least 9 cups of water a day and re-assess your eating habits. How can you improve what you eat? Are you getting enough fruits and veggies? Whole grains?

xoxo.
Brandi

Replies

• silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'll join in for this =)

I also am 29, with three babies, 8, 4, and 8 months. My goal currently is to lose a total of 43 pounds, which will get me into the range of a healthy BMI. As of this morning I am just shy of halfway. Once my goal of 140 is reached I plan to focus more on toning and strengthening, and if that gets me lower than great, if not I should look pretty damn good! ;) I found very quickly with my first tattoo that I am indeed addicted to them. I now have 10, with two of them being works in progress. My husband also tattoos at home as a hobby, so I have easy access when I want, so long as he isn't working overtime at the hospital haha. I will have to get my friend or husband to help me get picture for sharing. I also have an eyebrow piercing which is new from May, and have had my belly button pierced, but that one needs to be redone (3 kids later lol).

I look forward to the challenges and camaraderie!
  • beginswithb
    Options
    Thanks for jumping in! Where are the others body modders at?! :D
  • MaruManic
    MaruManic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Right here for sure! I'm 20 years old, and got my first tattoo at 16 as a tribute to the people I love who were born and died in my lifetime. I've got 3 total now, but want many more. Out of respect for my family, I took a break and have been waiting till I turn 21 for more ink. I also have 11 piercing! 6 normal ear piercings, an upper cartilate orbital [two holes, one earring, ouch!], my eyebrow and both nips. :)

I come from a triditional family and this is deff one of their woes about me.

I'm so glad you started this group. I've been looking for a group and this is perfect for me. I look forward to the challenges!
  • silversong24
    Options
    Haha, I didn't even think to include my ear piercings.... I have eight of those, four standard on the right side, with three standard and one upper on the left. I haven't gotten any new ear piercings since I was 14 though I think.
  • beginswithb
    Options
    I used to have a lot of ear piercings. I can't remember why I took them out. My second holes are almost open so I've been wanting to just pop some studs through. I love gauging my ears, though. I just went to a 6g on Sunday. I had my upper cartilage done but that got infected when I was 16. I may get it done professionally soon. I'm running out of facial space. :P
  • beginswithb
    Options
    I think we got lost in the shuffle. >.>
  • nalopez
    nalopez Posts: 39
    Options
    Bump for later...I'll be back!
  • PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    Sweet! I got my first tattoo at 18 after craving a tat for yeeeears. And a few years later was like, Gaah, what is ON my ARM?! So I got it changed up a bit and really like it. I also have an industrial that looks similar to a screw on my right ear, and just recently got a text tat going down my inner left arm. Used to have labret and eyebrow piercings as well. Goal is to lose...goddamn this seems daunting...244 lbs. It's a good thing I'm tall so I don't look as fat as I really am. I'm down 11.5 lbs in two weeks though, so I'm off to a good start!
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ooh! I want to join!

My name is Jillian. I got my first tattoo when I was 18. I have 12 now. My left forearm has roses, wheat, a banjo and an acoustic guitar covering the top. Underneath is the aquarian water symbol. On my right forearm I have three large tattoos related to baking and cooking. Two of which I bartered cinnamon rolls for since dude's old lady was pregnant and loved 'em. I have a memorial one on my upper left arm for my brother. The chest has nature-esque tattoos which are old and need some filler work. My only piercing right now is my right nostril. But boy, oh boy, I had quite the array as a youngster. I really want to get to my goal weight to go full sleeve on both arms. My arms are my current nemesi because they are basically really flabby wings. Gross, I know ;)

I live in Seattle. I was born and raised the first thirty in Iowa. I love the ocean and the mountains!
  • PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    This year's Seattle Tattoo Expo was a good motivator for me. I want to lose 150 lbs by next year's, and I know that's possible bc I've seen people do it. To make this happen I need to lose 2.88 lbs per week. I'm going to up my lbs lost per week on here to 2 lbs a week and create a calorie deficit by working out daily. It seems unattainable bc *I'm* the one doing it, yet I've seen people do it, so I know it's possible. Going to see the doc in the next few days anyway, so I'm going to talk to him about it and make sure all stays healthy during the process.
  • silversong24
    Options
    Well, 5 of my days I got to 9 or over cups of water. The other two were only 8 cups. I did manage to add in the extra veggies I need to the first few days, but the last several days have put me in the gutter. What is our new challenge? =)
  • beginswithb
    Options
    Hurray for week one! Great job, guys. :) My water intake dropped severely these past few days but I am determined to get back to 9 a day. My eating was all sorts of wacky, especially when I re-evaluated goals due to weight loss. I'm down to 1490 calories and it was a bit of a challenge for me. I think I've got it, though!

I've been working on this half-sleeve since June and last night, while looking in the mirror, I noticed that my arms are in dire need of toning. As a previous poster mentioned, weight loss can affect the appearance of tattoos.

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

We all have that ONE area that needs toned the most, right? For me, it's my arms (well, stomach too but that's not covered in tats :P). Our challenge this week is to concentrate on that area and figure out ways we can tone! I am meeting with a personal trainer at my gym tomorrow and that will be my question for her. I don't want a saggy, misshapen tattoo. I've also added small hand weights to my daily Wii Fit stepping to add a little oomph to the workout. What can you do to help tone that problem area?

<3
  • silversong24
    Options
    Well, I don't have any tattoos in my trouble areas, for the reason that they are and have been trouble areas since my first pregnancy (Didn't get my first tat until after my second baby). Still intend to keep working on them though. These two area are my tummy and my bottom. Each pregnancy my bottom would grow right along with my tummy lol. Starting to see a lot of improvement. With my tummy I have the small, somewhat saggy pooch at the bottom that I am working on. With my bottom, well it's the bottom area lol. I want the lumpiness to leave and never come back! I have noticed with my wrist tattoos that they have shrunk along with me, which is kind of neat, as they are supposed to be more small and delicate anyways =)

To work on my trouble areas this week I will do an extra workout each of the two I have been using (Crunch AB Attack & Self: Best Butt Fast).
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am working on my legs which just happens to coincide with doing C25K. I just finished W4D1 this morning. My legs are gonna be smokin' when I am a full time runner.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Hm, someone just introduced me to this thread, I think I'm in!

My name's Brittany, I'm 19. My goal overall is to be a healthier version of myself, and to be at a weight less than 150 lbs. I currently have 2 tattoos. One on my wrist that says L'amour Suffit, or Love Suffices in English. It's to remind myself that no matter how bad I think I have it, I have people that love me and that's what matters. I also have one on my neck. It's a roman numeral number 2, a sibling tat that I got with my brother and sister (older sis has a 1, and little bro has a 2.) When I get halfway or to my goal weight, I plan on getting one more that says "A rose is a rose, and was always a rose" to remind myself that though I've always been a "rose," it's easier to see. :) I also used to have a side labret and a tongue piercing, but I took those out because it looks "unprofessional" in Medical Assisting school :P lol

Pics can be seen here, BTW :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/323311-tattoos-anyone
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    count me in!

I'm 21 and planning my 5/6th tattoos.. getting two swallows on my shoulders just above my boobs with some stars or flowers..cannot wait! :D
    I have some cherry blossoms floating in the wind going across/round my left foot, a small butterfly on the left outer ankle, some stars on my right foot and a dodgy fairy on a flower on my inner left ankle, also have various ear piercings - cartilage, tragus, rook and lobe..also got belly button and have had my nipple done in the past but stupid thing grew out :(

ok my goal at the moment is to drink the water religiously and stay within my calorie allowance.. oh and to go skating for the last time on Wednesday before I move..
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i'm interested in being part of this!
    i've got the following mods:

piercings:
    left nostril, septum, monroe, labret, industrial, helix x3, regular second hole, and lobes stretched to 4g, currently.

decorative scarification:
    anchor on left thigh, spiral on inside right ankle

tattoos:
    bat wings on shoulderblades, eyes of horus on the fronts of my shoulders, alice in wonderland full sleeve on right arm, old-school-style lady-in-the-moon on my back (between my bat wings), egyptian-themed piece with ankh on left bicep, old-school-style gypsy on inside of upper left arm, unicorn on outer right ankle.

and in re: the current week's challenge, looks like i'll be trying to tighten up the flabs of skin that hang down when i raise my arms, lol!
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Hiiiiiiiiii!!

My name is Courtney . . . I'm 28 (29 on the 29th) have no kids, and still live at home with my parents. I'm not really a loser, though, lol. :o) I have a master's degree in counseling but am stuck in a dead end job at a psychiatric residential treatment facility. Gotta get the experience to get the job, right?

I love MFP, I've been on here since May and I've lost 28 pounds . . . sooooo exciting!

As for my mods, I have six tattoos: a crab, a heart with paw prints walking through it, a red-eyed tree frog, a "swarm" of butterflies, a dinosaur that says "Rawr" . . . (I saw it on http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/ and thought it was absolutely adorable. My ex boyfriend and I re-designed it together and we both have one. And no, I don't regret it, even though we broke up.) My sixth is an ambigram of my name.

My seventh will be a dandelion with its poof floating across my shoulder, turning into birds. (I get to get this one very soon, it's my 25 pound reward!)

My eighth will be a jungle scene leg piece on my left calf. (I have to lose 55 pounds to get that one.)

And the ninth will be an ocean scene on my back. (I have to lose 90 pounds for that one!)

As for piercings, I have my lobes, an inner conch, an industrial, my nose, my tongue, my nipples, my belly button, and a vertical clitoral hood.

As for this week's water challenge, the fewest glasses of water that I've had this week has been 16 glasses. :o)
  • beginswithb
    Options
    Yay! Welcome, everyone. :D I'm so glad more people are posting here. We rock!

I began the 30 Day Shred this week in hopes of toning up. I have a sleeve-in-progress and I hate hate hate how flabby my arms are. I'm hoping this shred helps with that. Even when I was thin in high school, I never worked on my arms. I was a runner and only did the bare minimum on weight room days. Whoops!
  • nvhajjar
    nvhajjar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 29 years old, and a body piercer in Toronto. I joined MFO about a month ago and have lost about 5 lbs so far. I'm trying to lose about 50-60 in time for my wedding, 13 months from now. A do-able goal I think.

I'm currently in school for child and youth work, (more treatment based than social work), and will be starting my last year in September.

I've had so many piercings over the year, the ones I currently wear are my ears (lobes and helix), madonna, and VCH. I've had my septum, conches, nipples, lip, and both my nostrils. I've been pierced so many times even through training apprentices to give them practice, easy come, easy go.

As for tattoos, I have an asian style paper fan with cherry blossoms with wind bars and water on my foot. I have 3/4 sleeves on both my arms (Left is old school artwork, Right is koi with various asian themed artwork). I have a full chest piece of a sacred heart, and an angel and devil on my collarbones which are in the process of being laser lightened to prep for a cover-up. I have stupid fairy wings on my back, which will be covered with the aforementioned coverup. I have a skull and cherries behind both my ears. I have two small maple leaves on the sides of both my wrists that I had done to comemorate the Vancouver olympics (GO CANADA!) and I have a heart lock on my left ribcage. I'm pretty sure that's it.....

Anyway, glad to find some likeminded people on here! Good Luck folks!