Exercise Calories

Options
Does any body else find it hard to eat all their calories. I NEVER thought this would be a problem with me! I worked out today, and now, of course, I have more cals I have to eat. And everyone keeps saying that they've lost weight better when they've eaten those cals. So I'm trying. But my gosh....I can' possibly lose weight if I feel this full all the time! I just had a pretty high calorie lunch/early dinner, and I STILL have 800 cals to go. Any healthy suggestions for me to get that without feeling like I'm just filling up on crap?

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Does any body else find it hard to eat all their calories. I NEVER thought this would be a problem with me! I worked out today, and now, of course, I have more cals I have to eat. And everyone keeps saying that they've lost weight better when they've eaten those cals. So I'm trying. But my gosh....I can' possibly lose weight if I feel this full all the time! I just had a pretty high calorie lunch/early dinner, and I STILL have 800 cals to go. Any healthy suggestions for me to get that without feeling like I'm just filling up on crap?
  • 22togo
    Options
    How many calories do you have a day...are you sure you have that set up right...Mine is 1200 a day. I have to try pretty hard to keep it right around that number. I do better on an exercise day as it gives me a couple hundred more calories, but usually can keep it in that general area.
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    How many calories do you have a day...are you sure you have that set up right...Mine is 1200 a day. I have to try pretty hard to keep it right around that number. I do better on an exercise day as it gives me a couple hundred more calories, but usually can keep it in that general area.

I have it set to lose 2 pounds a week, with NO exercise, so my cals are 1330....
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I keep snacks at work, and those can add up...healthy snacks, like almonds, celery with peanut butter, an apple and cheese..those can help you up your calorie intake and they are nutritious. It also prevents you from feeling like you have to gorge yourself at supper to make up for a calorie defecit... Hope that helps.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

nuts

milk

cereal

*What an amazing problem to have...*
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've been having that problem for a couple of weeks now. I just don't feel hungry enough to eat that many calories during the day. Then the evening comes and I have like 500-600 calories left and don't feel like piling on the food that close to bed time. Today I was good though. I should be able to get within 100 of my goal without feeling like a pig.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    maybe try adding an extra hundred to breakfast and lunch. A slice of cheese can be around 80 or 90, it doesn't have to be a filling baked potatoe, many things that are good for you are little and high in calories. Try with your apple, dipping it in a tbsp of peanut butter another 100 calories, yet you don't really notice it.

A glass of skim milk will give you close to 100, some olives are really good for you and high in calorie and good fat, search the internet for healthy snacks. :happy: And we know it doesn't take many nuts in your hand to add up to 200 calories.
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Nuts and nut butters are good. One treat I love is a peice of toast with peanut butter, honey and cocoa ..yummy and helps get in calories.

smoothies can really pack in the cals escpecially if you add nut butters and good oils. I think its easier to drink your cals if your not hungry.

olives with cheese and some bread and olive oil with spices for dipping...

homemade hot cocoa with a high cal milk.

ok I have to go cause now im hungry lol
  • DonzGirl
    Options
    can I still lose if I dont eat all my calories? I have a disease that lessens my appetite and I am only eating roughly 1/2 to 2/3 rds of my 1200 calories....ANYONE KNOW how I could drop 5 pounds in 2 days? even if it is not a real fix....I could stand to win a nearly $500 prize IF I can lose only 5 more pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!