Nike Training Club?

Options
Forgive me if there's already been a topic about this, but does anyone else use the Nike Training Club app for your iPhone/iPod? What exercises are you doing? Do you see results?

I've only just downloaded it and done one workout. I'm doing the Get Lean workouts, the one I've done so far was Sweat & Shape. It thoroughly whipped me!

Also, anyone know how many calories (approx) are burned during the workouts? That's the only thing the app is really missing (IMO) - an in-app calorie counter.

Replies

• balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've used it a few times and I am guaranteed to be dripping in sweat after each workout. I wear my HRM whilst doing it and I usually burn over 300 calories.
    If I used it diligently, then I would definitely see a massive improvement, but I haven't so I can't comment. But with every exercise, doing it regularly always gives great results.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I love it. I do a lot of other stuff but this helps me get in that extra strength training that I need. I do the Get Lean - Advanced 45 min sessions. I burn 550-650 calories (HRM). Even if the app had calories burn it wouldn't be accurate because it can't detect your heart rate.
  • sashabh
    sashabh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, just downloaded it and I'm utterly floored... no really, sweat and shape left me on the floor. I wish it had an average calories burned or some sort of calculator based on how frequently you work out, BMI, age.. something.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for about a month now and i love it. tried one of the intermediate workouts last week and it kicked my *kitten*. didn't stop me using it, though - i think it's a fantastic application. i'm wary about overestimating calories, though, so i guess low.

i just did the get focused ab workout the day before yesterday and am really feeling it. plus every time i do it i find i can do one more tuck jump, one more toe touch, or one more mountain climber. even a little bit of progress is something.

and any workout that makes me have to change my shirt afterwards is totally worth the struggle!
  • ckormos
    ckormos Posts: 7
    Options
    This app is amazing! It is a great workout to add on to a run or other activity when you want to push yourself a little more. I also use it on days that I do not have alot of time,or sundays when I am unmotivated. I can put the NTC on and watch TV while I work out. It's also fabulous on rainy days where you don't want to leave the house! I JUST LOVE THIS APP.
    The workouts in the app work cardio and definitely increase muscle strength!
    The rewards that you unlock is even more motivating to sneak a 15 minute workout in when you get time. I can't wait to have them all unlocked.
  • crawford_2006
    Options
    I just started using this app and I love it! I've done the Sweat and Shape twice this week. Even if the app offered some sort of calorie counting it wouldn't be accurate. If you'd like to know how many calories you are burning I would suggest getting a heart rate monitor. I just ordered one for myself. I should be getting it in a day or two, I can post about how many calories I burn if you're interested. =)
  • blissrelease
    Options
    Just finished my first, Sweat & Shape. Awesome app! I think this app + daily walking and a gym visit every few days will definitely get rid of this weight!
    I do think it should average out a calories-burnt estimate. Even if it isn't entirely accurate, it's better than nothing.
  • CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also just downloaded this app. I like it. I am using the workouts on Nike Training, Exercise DVD's and the Treadmill.
  • reediness
    reediness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got the app, and it looks really good. And I've read all your comments above and it has got me so motivated I think I might do the sweat + shape tonight! Thanks everyone!
  • erica623
    Options
    Ive been using this app for about a month now and you can really see results! I definitely feel a lot stronger in my arms and back. I run so these workouts are awesome for addressing the other muscles that need working.
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a logistical question about this app. Where's the best place to put your iPhone while doing the exercises? Do you set it down while you do the exercise and then pick it up again to see what the next move is? And then I guess you don't wear the ear buds right? Sorry if this is a lame question but I'm just trying to visualize how I would follow an exercise prgrm app on my phone. Thx
  • TanikaLynn
    TanikaLynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @Hilary, not a silly question at all, I still havent found the perfect way to do it. I find myself putting my iPod on a table without earbuds for standing exercises and being near it so I can glance at exactly what the next exercise is and putting it on the floor with me when doing things like pushups & crunches. That being said the 'trainer' does tell you vocally what exercise to do next, I'm just new to the exercise lingo :p
  • zeezee1983
    zeezee1983 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi guys iv got a pro calorie counting watch it tells me how many calories iv burned with a 45 min session on the NIKE TRAINING I burn 650 calories with the 15min work outs I burned 315 calories with the 30min sessions I burned 500 calories seriously invest in a cal burning watch it helps hope this post helps x
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    To the OP

I posted on this and I am a man haha.

I do these workouts once a week and I will probably add on the ab burner to cardio sessions too.

My cardio goes through the roof and i pant like a DOG when doing these workouts. (sorry i know you don't want these images in your heads ladies lol)

Regarding where to put it, i put it on the floor at the gym and listen to the beeps which signal the change of excercise.

One tip, make sure you press the lock function because I have failed to this before and in in the warm ups when you are meant to run for 2 minutes i ended up running 5 lol
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    btw, which is the best hrm?
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    I keep checking to see if they ever put this out for Android. I'm even more bummed now that you guys are saying it's so good.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    I keep checking to see if they ever put this out for Android. I'm even more bummed now that you guys are saying it's so good.

they have possibly released this on dvd?
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    bump
  • carebear15877
    carebear15877 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time. I love it so much that it has become my main source of work outs. I have done personal training one on one and this is as good as, if not better than that. It is amazing for your body as well. They are all researched workouts designed to work out your entire body and get you lean and fit!
  • bbgalini
    bbgalini Posts: 6
    Options
    I love this app. It's FREE..and it fits my busy lifestyle with active teenagers. I do 30 minute sweat and shape, then add on a drill like ab burner or shaped back. 45 minutes later I'm sweating and panting...get the best work out of my life. I work my entire body. Jogging just doesn't give me the strength and focus on certain areas. You'll get plenty of cardio using the app. The only equipment I use are 5 lbs hand weights and an 8 lb medicine ball. I'm hooked!