new to fitness pal

Options
Have heard great things about this! I have been on this for @ 1 and a half weeks with no weight loss. I feel as though I have been doing averything right....feeling discouraged. Has anyone else started out like this?

Replies

• Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Yeah you may find you have a slow start while you work out whats right for your body and what exercise suits you etc. :)

xx
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Know the feeling, Slow when I first started but it improved. Then I had a little self sabotage as i feel of the band wagon for a while but feeling that things are once again moving in the right direction.
    in my case the weight is a little stuck but my "clever" scales are telling me that my bodyfat percentile has reduced by 2%. That helps me keep motivated.

Stick with it it does work. Are you feeling any better for doing MFP? Give it some time.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating all your calories..you won't lose if you're not eating enough..and a slow loss is better.. It stays off longer ... Plus watch how your clothes are fitting..you can be losing inches, which is just as important..
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    welcome
  • nvr2thin
    nvr2thin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yes...it took me exactly one week before my scale moved...and today is the day...certainly not a lot but enough to make me continue...stick to it...
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been on this just a little bit over a week and I have not lost yet, but a lot of times when you start working out your body holds on to what it has until it realizes that you are going to continue with the new amount of food intake and exercise. Our bodies are strange that way, just keep with it and you will start to see the scale move
  • hate2run
    hate2run Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement....I will hang in there! I do really like MFP though! It helps keep you in check. Do you all only have your 1200 calories to lose the weight (that is what I am supposed to have starting out the day) Or do you have some additional from the calories that you burned for the day?
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    don't give up. keep at it. you could do this