Stopped drinking every night and started eating very healthy and GAINING weight :(

Options
124»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Another alcohol reducer here. Just getting rid of the booze gives me a significant amount of cals to either eat or allow to accumulate as my deficit. I've also noticed that as I've cut back, I react worse when I do drink. My sleep is very compromised by booze now, although I do fall asleep fine I don't wake up feeling as fresh. Last night I had two beers at an informal meeting and I actually have a headache this morning. I'm not about to turn teetotal but it's amazing what your body can get used to and disturbing from this perspective. I don't plan to ever return to my heavier habits.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Another alcohol reducer here. Just getting rid of the booze gives me a significant amount of cals to either eat or allow to accumulate as my deficit. I've also noticed that as I've cut back, I react worse when I do drink. My sleep is very compromised by booze now, although I do fall asleep fine I don't wake up feeling as fresh. Last night I had two beers at an informal meeting and I actually have a headache this morning. I'm not about to turn teetotal but it's amazing what your body can get used to and disturbing from this perspective. I don't plan to ever return to my heavier habits.

I noticed the exact same thing with my sleep! When I was drinking more, it was like virtually nothing would disturb my sleep or give me a hangover. Recently I had two cocktails with dinner and I tossed and turned all night and felt hungover the next morning.
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    kaitlynb92 wrote: »
    Ugh, yes, I'm a box buyer :(. I'd like to lie and say because you can't see the amount left inside the box, you can't tell if you've had too much - but I definitely am aware when I over drink lol. That's a really great idea though! I plan to not drink at all for a few weeks, but I think I will move to buying bottles once I do drink again. Thank you!!!

Hmm.. i was just using boxed wine as an example... NAILED IT! haha.. Consider, a typical box holds 5L of wine.. we pour them deep in my family, so 8-10oz glasses (goblets? no... portable and individual decanters is more accurate), so box wine is more economical.. but it goes down too easily too quickly.

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I love wine too and used to drink more of it. I decided to start trying new wines and write down notes about the wine as I try it. This makes me slow down the drinking process quite a bit as I try to think how is this one different from the one from last week and makes me savor the wine much more. Using the cocktail shaker for measuring keeps me honest on what a 5oz glass of wine looks like.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    5 glasses a day? So that means 10 glasses on the weekend? That's a lot of calories! And it's not just that it's 2 days. It would be one thing if you drank that much 2 days every other month, or every six months, but you are doing it every weekend. That means probably 4000 extra calories (or more, depending on how big those glasses are) per month.