Lazy meals

Options
What are some easy (lazy) meals to make that are low calorie?

I need to get better at packing my lunch but I want to be able to throw something together the night before or in the morning real quick.

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Are you open to pre-prepared/prepackaged foods?

If I'm not doing pre-packaged, my lunch is almost always leftovers from the previous day's dinner.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What do you like to eat for your lunches and how many calories are your lunches?

Put in effort for example on Sunday's to prep and weigh out portions of the foods you enjoy and according to the amount of calories you allotted. You will be eating lunches during weight loss and when you maintain too, so getting a strategy down, what you like to eat and follow that each week.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I love crock pot stuff. Either make it the night before and take it to work or make it on Sunday and take all week. Works well with throwing stuff in crock pot in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home. There are a TON of recipes online for healthy soups, chilis, lentils, chicken stuff, etc.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    pita pocket and deli meat, with whatever side that fits in your calories. Stir fry, soup, salads etc. I love lean cuisines or ramen - usually my lunch.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I’m eating my go-to lunch right now: grocery store salad bar big handful of baby spinach, cucumber pieces, about an ounce of feta cheese cubes, teaspoon of lemon vinaigrette, tablespoon of pumpkin seeds, one 80 g can oil packed tuna (drained). About 300 calories, 26 g protein, 2 mg iron, and the spinach does a good job of keeping me full.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm super lazy with my lunches. After making breakfast and school lunches and having to cook dinner every night I don't want to put effort in to my lunch. I usually eat a salad and top it with some kind of protein that I've made for the week. Or I just have deli meats and a little cheese with a few chips.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,519 Member
    Options
    I simply put something yummy on a few slices of bread in the morning, fruit and veggies in a bag, ready.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    lentil soup cooked for the week
    or a healthy choice steamer + 2 cups frozen veg is filling and quick, do the veg first, then the steamer, then put the veg in for 30 seconds more and combine. Or Dole chopped salad kits + a couple handfuls of iceberg lettuce is a fav of mine.
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My fave right now is a baked sweet potato (no skin) with .25 cup black beans mixed in =) Truly an odd combo but I love the flavors! Sometimes I put them in a low carb wrap spread with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese in it and then grill it as a quesadilla. My sides are usually Greek yogurt (with a scoop of protein powder) and a salad! I’m always stuffed with this kind of lunch <3
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I usually take leftovers from the night before, a sandwich with meat and veggies, or some low cal crackers with a spread and a side of yoghurt or fruit. I hate making lunches too so put as little time into it as possible! I also pre log in order to eliminate the morning “what am I going to have???” panic!
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Since I have been dieting, I have gotten into the habit of cooking double everything when I cook dinner: two packs of chicken breasts, two packs of turkey tenderloins, 94/6 extra lean beef, etc. It usually doesn't take much additional effort. Then I just pack some of the leftovers. I also keep a few things at work like lean cuisine french bread pizzas, starkist tuna packages, etc., when I am too rushed or forget to pack.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I pre-cook soup or chili and freeze serving sizes. So in the morning I grab it and some raw veggies and am done.

Mmm. Chili sounds good right about now!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Frozen meals paired with a large salad with calorie-friendly dressing is probably my easiest lazy meal. I do a lot of crackers with laughing cow cheese wedges, rotisserie chicken, and fresh veggies, too.

I do bulk cooking on the weekends so usually have grab and go stuff in the fridge for each day of the week.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Is it sad that I prep nearly the same thing for my work weekend every week? I guess I no longer eat just for pleasure, but see food mostly as fuel, with the occasional indulgence inside my macros.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken, prebaggef ceaser salad (I toss croutons and dressing, but keep the Parmesan) and use TesseMae’s ceasar dressing.

Shredded rotisserie chicken and baked sweet potato or other roasted veggie of choice.

Rotisserie chicken soup (chicken, bone broth, crinkle cut frozen carrots, seasonings) tossed in crockpot.

I also use a fresh food prepared delivery service called Eat Clean Bro. They do the cooking for me :)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Is it sad that I prep nearly the same thing for my work weekend every week? I guess I no longer eat just for pleasure, but see food mostly as fuel, with the occasional indulgence inside my macros.

It's perfect actually!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't cook. If I need to bring lunch, these are my options.

protein bar, apple, beef jerky
    can of Campbell's Chunky soup (usually beef stew), celery sticks, beef jerky
    Jif To Go, apple, cottage cheese singles
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I cook a lasagna or black beans and quinoa and I feed off that for the week.