New to Keto and would LOVE some support!

Options
Hey all! My name is Allison and I am a 25 year old looking to lose about 15 lbs! In the past 3 years I've lost close to 40 lbs primarily through the 21 Day Fix program, but I'm really looking to drop about 15 more. I've read a lot about keto and think it is generally a pretty strong fit for me. Day to day, I really don't eat many carbs...the only one that's an adjustment is fruit. I would LOVE some new buddies on this app to gain a community and learn more about the process. On day 2 so far and feeling really good honestly! Down 3 lbs (I'm sure from water weight) but really enjoying the bacon in the morning :D Feel free to follow me or whatever you do on MyFitnessPal :)

Replies

• kgirl231977
    kgirl231977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey There. I'm currently doing Keto myself. I use the app to help track.. It's nice to see a fellow keto person.
  • karic1017
    karic1017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! Following keto as well! Woo hoo for us!
  • kennybain
    kennybain Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it as well. I'm on day 6 and down 5 lbs. One thing I'll mention is if you like bacon, the uncured variety has 0g carbs, whereas the others have 0.5 or so per serving. I'm incorporating a lot of bacon in my recipes (and don't toss the grease, I even cook with bacon grease!) so that helps to give you a little more wiggle room at the end.
  • colorthecoast922
    Options
    Hey guys!! thanks so much for the responses. I'm THRILLED with my keto results so far. Day 4 an down 5.6 lbs! My only concern is that I've struggled in the past with eating disorder tendencies and I REALLY want to make sure that I'm not seeing this as all or nothing. I plan to do a few weeks on and then a treat meal here and there/even a healthy meal that involves heavier carbs. I know this means that I wont always be in ketosis and that weight loss might not be as rapid, but I'm trying to find some balance and from what I've read, mixing it up is important for your body every now and then. Anyone else played around with that?

Excited to have a community of people doing Keto!! And Kenny, I LOVE bacon and also have been using the 0 carb kind. So yummy especially since with my old nutrition plan it was kind of off limits.
  • macthewife13
    macthewife13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Keto early January, and I'm already down 25 pounds!
  • erikeich
    erikeich Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing Keto and I'm down 20 lbs in a few months. The advice I have for you is it is not a race. Don't starve yourself, that the beauty of Keto, eat the right foods/healthy fats and eliminate sugar and carbs (20g a day) and you should be able to eat plenty and still lose weight. I average 2-4 lbs a week and I'm eating pretty good meals. Track your macros on this app 75% Fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs. If your hungry load up on non starchy veggies and have a piece of meat. Pork rinds for extra fat, also MCT oils to satiate and boost ketone production. Good luck and stay full! O yeah and Bacon!