Best HRM (that won't cost an entire paycheck)

Options
I am getting my first HRM tomorrow and am really not sure what to get or look for since I have never had one before. I know that I want one with the chest strap since they seem to be the most accurate, but other than than I'm really not sure. Any suggestions?

Replies

• amandarenee31
    amandarenee31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7! They are the most recommended and the FT4 is cheaper then the FT7.

You want one that has a chest strap and that lets you enter all information(age, weight, sex, height and Vo2Max if it allows for that). You also want to be weary of going too cheap.. a good price range is between 60 and 100 dollars.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4, the FT7 has more functions but costs more, you should be able to get the FT4 on Amazon for a good price.
  • RinaMax
    RinaMax Posts: 33
    Options
    I just bought my bf the Polar FT7 yesterday for $110 at Sports Authority.I have had a Polar F7 for the last few years and I love it. I've always bought polar HRMs my entire life and have had nothing but success with them.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I bought one from Amazon...wasn't expensive..I actually have two..one for the gym and one for the pool.
    Here is the brand and model:

Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch

It comes with a chest strap and is pretty easy to set up and use. It was $44.99 and has free shipping.

hope this is helpful to you.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i have the Polar FT4 and LOVE IT
    it was $90 and worth every penny

it's easy too use and shows the basic things I want like calories that i burn
  • jcaa2011
    jcaa2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Does those have the chest strap with them?
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60 - heartratemonitorsusa.com for 152.99/ it's sells for 199.99 on the polar website.
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    I just looked on Amazon and both FT4 and FT7 were watches. Am I missing something?? Is the chest strap extra?
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get one that reads your pulse without touching it. My first required you to hold a button for 15 seconds.., not easy to do when you’re running. I’m not sure what type of fitness you’re into so here is some reviews on them:

http://www.consumersearch.com/heart-rate-monitors/best-heart-rate-monitors
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Does the Polar F4 have a chest strap?
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and I love it. And yes, it has a chest strap. I even wear mine to swim, and it works great! Plus it's simple to set up.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. About $60 on Amazon with free shipping. Comes with chest strap and works great. I love mine! With HRM's, you get what you pay for, so don't go too cheap. Good luck :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    The Reebok/Bowflex/ Schwinn PRECISION XT is a great watch for a low price. I have the Reebok one going on 5 years. It does the basic things you need. TIME, STOPWATCH, HRM, CALORIES BURNED, MEMORY OF WORKOUT TIMES AND RESULTS. All for under $60.