New to Low Carb looking for Low Carb buddies!

Options
After having a recent scare with my blood sugar (was over 1,000 in a urine test; but highest by finger stick has been 188); I have decided to follow a low carb diet. I am doing great so far and have lost 4.9 lbs in 2 days! My blood sugar is down to 122.

I am looking for others who are living the low carb lifestyle. I want buddies who will motivate me and I can motivate as well; and also exchange recipes with! So please feel free to send me a message or add me as a friend!

I have over 100 lbs to lose so I am in this for the long haul!

Replies

• loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb! And Italian... It's very hard but VERY beneficial especially since diabetes runs in my family! Feel free to add me (:
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Low carb here, been doing it for about half year... it’s great
    Good motivation if you need it!
  • lizmomma1129
    lizmomma1129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 lbs to loose also and im trying the keto diet. Its hard with small children.
  • redbonnet
    redbonnet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a 100 lbs to go too. I am really not good at it at all. Trying to do this on my own is not working very well, without support.
  • Laindiana
    Laindiana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It’s so cool I came across this I am also starting a keto diet starting tomorrow I have to loss about 110 pounds and I need to do it now I hate I have no one to talk to about what they eating and what they doing just someone to do this with ... hope I make friends we can talk and do this together
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone that commented. I sent you all friend requests!!
  • ashelton83
    ashelton83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I just started doing keto last week and looking for low carb buddies as well!
  • DawnMechelleD
    DawnMechelleD Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over 100 lbs. I started keto this week. I'd love to be your friend!
  • dratkison120
    dratkison120 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How are things going on Keto? I want to start on it as well.
  • salrayn
    salrayn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am seeing a nutritionist and following a low carb diet. I have at least 50lbs to loose. I’m looking for low carb buddies too!
  • agrube1968
    Options
    We can do this!
  • klmurphy2255
    klmurphy2255 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have just started my low carb journey as of yesterday. Goal is below 20 net carb's per day. Would love to get some accountability and motivation.
  • rbaker2121
    rbaker2121 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also doing a low carb dieted. Looking for support as well. Need to lose 117lbs. I would love for all of us to push each other.
  • agrube1968
    Options
    I am 1 week in to doing low carb and am down 10.2 lbs. so far. It's not been easy but I am determined! We can do this!
  • agrube1968
    Options
    Had a little bit of a set back due to stress eating (my mom is not doing well) and I gained a couple lbs back but am back on track and doing to lose that and more!
  • gaelicstorm
    gaelicstorm Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb! Feel free to add me! I'm also diabetic. Low carb has been phenomenal for my blood sugar.
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Add me to Team Low Carb! Currently on the HCG program and will continue low carb on my weight loss journey. I’m down 25lbs., have 60ish to go. Occasionally fantasize about Red Lobster biscuits, but the victories on the scale/health are worth the sacrifice.
  • agrube1968
    Options
    I have added you all as friends. So excited to get more low carb buddies!
  • nellybox78
    nellybox78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to do low carb, which is opposite of how I’ve eaten my entire life. I’m definitely in the learning stage. Still have about 55lbs to lose as good use some support. I’ve also started HCG recently, so I’m trying to figure how to maximize my results with that.
  • agrube1968
    Options
    nellybox78 wrote: »
    I’m trying to do low carb, which is opposite of how I’ve eaten my entire life. I’m definitely in the learning stage. Still have about 55lbs to lose as good use some support. I’ve also started HCG recently, so I’m trying to figure how to maximize my results with that.

I am fairly new to low carb as well. I have always done weight watchers or just calorie counting before to lose weight but I like that low carb eating will help control my diabetes. I am trying to not get bored with the same ol things and looking for new recipes and things to try. I have over 100 lbs. to lose; seems like such an unreal goal but I can get there if I take it one day and 1 lb. at a time! Good luck!