Super Green Protein Breakfast Smoothie

Options
2»

Replies

• amandarenee31
    amandarenee31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I have to say I am a big fan of green smoothies but I have never ever tried with broccoli. Do you steam, boil the broccoli before you put it in the blender? My blender isn't very powerfull so putting carrots is out of the question : /
    Nope, straight up raw broccoli. My blender kinda sucks, so ... things aren't ENTIRELY smooth. There are little bits of carrot that make it through (like a medium grain, I would say), but it doesn't put a damper on the taste of the smoothie. My roommate's girlfriend gave me some blueberries and those have been an excellent addition.

Lately I've been freezing everything I put in it (minus the spinach and milk, of course) and it comes out super thick. No need to add ice. I love them :)

I don't know if any of you have one, but I like to juice my carrots first before adding it to my smoothie. You could probably do the same with the Broccoli or any other hard veggie/fruit. I have a Jack O Lane juicer. I know they are a bit pricey but they really are great for getting the nutrients to stay in the juice. The stuff in the store is cooked and so it has less vitamins.