Keto Recipes please

Options
I just started on the Keto diet and need some recipe ideas! Please post any that you have tried out and loved. Thank you!

Replies

• kennybain
    kennybain Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    For breakfast, make an omelet. First of all, cook some bacon in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes (depending on your microwave). Use a microwave bacon plate so you don't make a mess with the grease. Don't throw the grease away!! You can use it to cook and add flavor. Now take some of the grease and transfer it to a non-stick skillet and heat it up (I set my burner on high).

While you were waiting for the bacon to cook, you prepare the omelet mix. I use 2 eggs/serving, a little sliced mild cheddar cheese, chopped green onion, chopped spinach (add whatever green veggies you can think of...) and mix all of this well.

Once the bacon grease is hot, swirl it around the pan and try to coat the inside surface to keep your eggs from sticking. Add the omelet mix and let it firm up. Then add the bacon (I prefer to crumble it up) to one side and flip the other side over it and remove it from the pan.

An alternative meat (if you want something saltier) is corned beef. To prepare the corned beef, I melt a teaspoonful of real butter in my skillet and cook the corned beef until crispy/flaky. I then add it to the omelet as above. I'll include a pic of my corned beef omelet. The corned beef food data is listed as "Corned Beef Omelette - Egg, 1.5 large" and both have about 116 calories, 1g carbs, 8g fat, 9g protein.3jfecq87m4gf.jpg
  • kennybain
    kennybain Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Another variation on this for easy to go meals is to take a muffin tin, spray it with no-stick Pam, wrap a piece of bacon inside of each tin, and then add your mix. Cook this at 400F for 40 minutes or so (until the mix is firm). Be sure to put the muffin tin on top of another container because some of the bacon grease is probably going to spill over.
  • thinnerinnerme
    thinnerinnerme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pizza casserole without the crust
    1 lb breakfast sausage (browned, drained, & crumbled)
    1 jar low carb pizza sauce
    mushrooms (and or toppings of your choice)
    mozzarella cheese
    pepperoni slices
    layer in the order above in a casserole dish, cook on 350 for 30 minutes.
    You'll never eat pizza with a crust again! Even my husband loves it!