8 lb Challenge! (Closed group)

Options
All right party peoples! This is it! 8lbs a month through the end of the year.

We can do this!

I'd like for everyone to send me their weigh in's for the week on Mondays. Doesn't matter what day you do it, but just to keep it consistant, Monday is good.

Let's get motivated!!!!

What do you all think of setting some mini goals for ourselves as a group on a weekly basis?

Replies

• scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That makes my start weight for this 187.8 lbs - ready for that number to start getting smaller!!!
  • dandy_mandy
    Options
    So excited to get started!! We can totally do this together! I've been lacking on my weight training lately, so my personal mini-goal is to add weight training to my daily exercise at least 3 times this week. Anyone want to join me??

Challenge SW: 290.4 (weight at beginning of August)
    Challenge CW: 289.4
    End of year goal: 249.4
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    I will see your 3xs weekly weight training and raise you one mini goal of 10 cups of water daily!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    8/8/11 SW: 230
    End of year goal: 190
  • scante60
    Options
    I'm in for the 3x weekly weight training, and the 10 cups of water; I'll raise you all 25 crunches/situps x 5 days this week!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    I have to write this down! :)

Regardless, I'm in! That's a great start!

I'll account for all of those mini goals on my next Monday weigh in!
  • dandy_mandy
    Options
    Sounds awesome!!

Weight training: 3 times this week
    25 crunches/sit ups: 5 times this week
    10 cups of water: every day
  • moor9559
    moor9559 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Start Weight (at beginning of August): 276.4
    Current Weight (as of this morning): 271.4

Challenges for this week (so I make sure I have them covered):
    10 cups of water daily
    25 crunches/sit ups, 5 times this week
    3 days of weight training this week

What great challenges you all have set! Here's to week one.
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    Let me ask you guys this. I'm in the process of starting over on Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I'm going to get through a solid 30 days if it kills me. I got to 7 previous and then blew it so I'm making myself start over.

Anyway, in there, she incorporates strength training as well as ab work. Do I count this as my strength training and crunch/sit up goals...or should I add them in extra?
  • moor9559
    Options
    I think you could count them but that's just me. I figure if you do weight lifting at all - it counts, and if you do crunches at all, they count. I'm curious to hear what the owners of the particular challenges have to say though.

Good luck with the 30 day shred!
  • dandy_mandy
    Options
    I think it's totally up to you if you want it to count, or if you want to do extra. Me personally.....I'd gauge it on how I'm feeling that day, such as level of motivation and energy. To be honest, I'd probably count 30 day shred as my weights/abs most days, but a quick 25 crunches in the morning really gets you moving!

Here's to day 2, we're off to a GREAT start!!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    I've thought about it, and I don't think that I will count them. Doing at least 1 round of 20 minutes with that hateful ***** (I'm sure one day I'll thank her) Jillian Michaels is one of my own personal mini goals...so I'll make the crunches and the weight training it's own thing. More is less...meaning the more I get off of my butt...the less I'll eventually weigh! :D
  • scante60
    Options
    Awesome - I also have the 30 DS DVD sitting at home, taunting me and sticking its tongue out at me. I gotta just stick it in the DVD player and do it already; right now my excuse is the heat and no air conditioning at home. Any well-intentioned peer pressure to entice me to start is welcome. :bigsmile:
  • scante60
    Options
    Awesome - I also have the 30 DS DVD sitting at home, taunting me and sticking its tongue out at me. I gotta just stick it in the DVD player and do it already; right now my excuse is the heat and no air conditioning at home. Any well-intentioned peer pressure to entice me to start is welcome. :bigsmile:
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    I hate it too...however, I tell myself that if I can't find a measley 20 minutes during the day to work out, then I deserve to be fat.

Gets me off the couch (almost) every time!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    Hit all three of my mini goals yesterday! I'm off to a good start! Let's see if I can maintain!
  • moor9559
    Options
    Good job! I hit all three on Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday I only met the water goal and today I intend on getting all three. Love the idea of weekly goals!

Way to go on getting a good start and I'm just sure you can maintain!!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    Good job! I hit all three on Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday I only met the water goal and today I intend on getting all three. Love the idea of weekly goals!

Way to go on getting a good start and I'm just sure you can maintain!!

Great job!

I never thought of forgetting the end result and just going after one week at a time of mini goals myself...but I bet if we stick with it, we'll all be there in no time!
  • scante60
    Options
    Been working on the minigoals this week - hitting the water hard every day, and I think I'll get the other goals met too!
  • dandy_mandy
    Options
    Mini goals all met Monday and Tuesday. Buuuttt, had a little issue with Wednesday because I got a Mirena IUD and I'm still feeling the pain. Made the mistake last night to do some ChaLean Extreme and my uterus nearly jumped out and started beating me with the weights. Good news, though, that means I met my weight training goal and have 3 days down of crunches. Been doing fine with water intake all but Wednesday, as I was asleep most of the day after knocking myself out with Advil PM :). So, 2 days of crunches to go, and keeping up the water!!

On a terrible note...... Friday is my normal weigh-in day, but I've been looking for the motivation to switch to Monday, so this challenge is perfect for that. However, I was on the scale twice this week when I shouldn't have been and it didn't work out so well:
    Tuesday: 288.3 (YAY)
    Friday: 293.0 (O.M.G. - what the heck?!?!?!?!)
    So, even though I somehow managed to gain almost 5 lbs in 4 days (hey, if you're gonna do it, you might as well do it right!), I am chosing to use this GIGANTIC setback to motivate me through the weekend.

Okay, I feel much better having talked about that :). I'm so glad that we have this mini support system!!!