Anyone find any good appetite suppressants?

Hard to control my appetite

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Food.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Black coffee, sometimes...
    There’s no magic pills, though.
  • saralynn0416
    saralynn0416 Posts: 14 Member
    Those pills work for about 3 weeks. It’s like cocaine. You’ll end up wanting more and more and they won’t work for long. And then when you come off of them you binge and feel like death. I do not recommend :(
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,876 Member
    For me it's working out. From working out I get into a kind of zen state and don't feel hungry anymore.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited February 2018
    That said, there are things you can do with food to feel less hungry:

1. Drink more liquid, especially carbonated water with your meals
    2. Eat meals with a lot of fiber, and eat them more slowly; big meals should take at least 20 minutes to consume
    3. Pair lean protein (fat free/low-fat yogurt, lean fish like Atlantic cod, etc) with other low calorie, high fiber foods (blackberries, broccoli)
    4. Don’t be afraid to snack lightly during the day; small, high protein snacks are your friend and will keep you from overeating during big meals
    5. I’ll have decaf coffee with no sugar added almond milk if I want to feel satiated between feedings
    6. I personally recommend avoiding artificial sweeteners altogether. It takes a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to the taste, but now I don’t even enjoy them. I find they stimulate my appetite.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    I started taking 5htp for sleep and mild depression, and I've noticed that it helps. It doesn't make me feel less hungry, but it does seem to help me realize I'm satiated faster. I can definitely see the difference when I've forgotten to take them. Not a huge magic difference, but enough to be noticable.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Distraction. Being busy. Working out. Eating slowly and mindfully.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2018
    You shouldn't have to be hungry, but learning what foods satiate you may take some time. Protein, fiber & fat are the usual filling components, but it's not the same combination for everyone. Experiment with meals and snacks. Timing can help as well.

Make sure your weekly weight loss goal is not too aggressive for you.....in other words eat enough calories overall.

If you workout, expect to eat back some of those "earned" calories. MFP gave you a calorie deficit before exercise was factored in.