stopping Weight Watchers

Options
Anybody else here do Weight Watchers? If so, anybody thinking about quitting it now that Freestyle is here?
I lost 95 pounds on the old WW but am not having a very good time with this new program.

Replies

• groovychick70
    groovychick70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I quit WW in January and switched to Low Carb and am doing so much better on it. Don't know why I didn't care for freestyle but I didn't; I wasn't losing a thing on it and since starting low carb I have lost 5.8 lbs in less than a week!
  • Katslimsdown
    Katslimsdown Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yes, I’ve been on it for about 6 weeks now and have not lost weight. Maybe about a pound (general loss of water weight after going from eating like crap to not). I also feel kind of deprived. By the time I know it, I’ve used my dailies. I’m eating 120 calorie bananas and more than enough pineapple that I’m sure is a hefty amount of calories. But it’s “0” points
  • _Poetic_Serendipity_
    Options
    Me too :s
  • ceolyn
    ceolyn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Years ago I used WW to lose my first 25lbs. eventually though it stopped working for me because I became too active, and their calculations weren't gauged toward someone who did strength training 3x a week, ran 4x a week, and did martial arts 2x a week.

From there I joined on older site, called CalorieKing which used the COCI method that MFP uses, and had a food library, and a lot of the same functionality that MFP has. Using CK I lost another 28 lbs. because it allowed me more flexibility in eating back my exercise calories and better calorie tracking.
  • ursus_feminus
    ursus_feminus Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I’ve been on ww for years with lots of success but have not yet reached goal/ lifetime. I’ve gained weight on freestyle and it’s wreaking havoc on my mindset. I rejoined mfp just to see how many calories I was consuming on freestyle and ... no wonder it wasn’t working!!! I’m not quitting ww because my meeting room has become like family and their support helps keep me accountable and willing to stick to this for the long run, so ww has to stay in my toolbox. I’m just gonna have to keep tweaking things until I find what works for me and keep doing it for life.