Personal trainer success!!!!

Options
Had my 3rd session with the personal trainer today! I did things today that I had never thought I could do! He said I did great! I wanted to do more but he said I needed to rest! I don't want to rest lol!!!!! I think this is gonna be my new addiction and I will get a rockin body(hopefully)!

Replies

• fitb4forty
    Options
    That's awesome! Do you feel like he is introducing you to new exercises you have never tried before that are challenging your body or is it the same thing you have been doing just he's pushing you more?
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    I think everyone should find and use a good trainer for a few weeks here and there.... I do it. I don't care how good you are or what kind of shape you are in, they will see things that you don't and, usually, have a trick or two up their sleeves that will make a difference.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love my trainer!! He kicks my *kitten*!!!
  • Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    How much is everyone paying for a personal trainer? They are expensive aren't they??
  • audweaver
    Options
    That's awesome! Do you feel like he is introducing you to new exercises you have never tried before that are challenging your body or is it the same thing you have been doing just he's pushing you more?

He is introducing new exercises I have never tried before and I am being pushed! I have never worked with a personal trainer before and I am loving every bit of it. It makes me realize that I am stronger than I thought! I guess I never really challenged myself. I am glad I am being challenged now!
  • audweaver
    Options
    How much is everyone paying for a personal trainer? They are expensive aren't they??

I belong to the YMCA and it is not as expensive as I thought it would be. If you buy one session at a time it is $44. I bought 5 sessions and it turned out to be $38 a session for an hour!
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I live in the Seattle area and 1 trainer session runs about $70 but since I am a repeat customer I now am locked in at $56 a session.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I think everyone should find and use a good trainer for a few weeks here and there.... I do it. I don't care how good you are or what kind of shape you are in, they will see things that you don't and, usually, have a trick or two up their sleeves that will make a difference.
    Agreed. The perspective that some see in trainers is that they can get the same workouts that a trainer offers and get the same results. Well if you're one of those people who really give it your all and challenge yourself each workout (which is usually only about 5% or less of the members in any gym) then that may be, but frankly most people underestimate their potential and don't challenge themselves enough.
    Had a female client who use to put 5lb-10lbs on each side of the leg press and shocked the crap out of her when I loaded 45lbs on each side! Today she is still doing that 45lbs on each side...............plus another 25lbs! Her legs look incredible now! But had I not done that, would she still be pushing those 10 pounders?
    You don't have to buy a lot of sessions. 6 is a good way to gauge if a trainer is in the cards for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!