Dealing with plateau

Options
Hi I have been sticking to my goals daily. Exercising. However after losing 7 pounds I am stuck. Not much happening in spite of continuing with my plan. How do I keep from getting discouraged? Any ideas?

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck?
  • auntiefuzz65
    auntiefuzz65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    2 weeks
  • SandraScala
    SandraScala Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi try tweaking your eating plan and make sure you are drinking enough water.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    2 weeks

That's not a plateau. It's not unusual to not lose for a few weeks, and then have a big whoosh. Especially if you go through a period where you're having a lot of sodium or if you just started a new exercise. Just keep weighing your food, track accurately and give it another 2-3 weeks. If you're still not budging, then there may be an issue.
  • drnik2012
    drnik2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been working out regularly and dropping calories and put on a pound. Frustrated and trying to stay the course. Planning to step up water. @auntiefuzz65 please keep us posted and let’s keep working at it!
  • auntiefuzz65
    auntiefuzz65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas and support. Will keep you updated.
  • Torygetsfit
    Torygetsfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey! I recently was stuck for a entire month at the same weight after losing 5lbs. It was very upsetting and discouraging. I stuck with my work outs and logged every day. Then the following week, all of a sudden, I lost 2, then the next week 1 more! Bodies can weird and frustrating at times! I know it is hard, but try not to get discouraged, keep logging, keep working out, and keep drinking your water. Hang in there!