Day 4 of the 200 lbs journey

Options
Feel like crap today, I just want to go get a bag of crisps and get drunk on beer, my left foot hurts so cannot really go walking like planned, didn’t weigh in yet since I started school nice I am dead scared of no results

Anyone felt like this ?

Replies

• Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ahh, I'm sorry you're having a rubbish day. :/

It can be hard in the beginning (or at any point!) as you get used to your new choices. There's no point of reference for whether it's "working" & you wonder if feeling this way is even worth it.

I'm far from an expert but am down 54lbs so far (still the same to go) & all I can offer is what's helped me so far.

Finding substitutes for the things I loved saved me. For example, instead of eating a huge bag of crisps, I'd eat a portion of pop chips. However, even a whole bag of those is only 300ish compared to nearly 1000 in a lot of crisps if I wanted to eat them all. Really helpful for me as I'm definitely a volume eater! "Filling up on veggies" at dinner sounds so boring! But you get so much bang for your buck & it really can be tasty. Spices, herbs or chilli sauces can be a game changer with these things.

Losing half my body weight seemed a completely pie in the sky idea initially & very overwhelming. Very quickly into this thing I stopped thinking of it that way...it just hurt my brain! I decided to just get up and "do" for a month. Weighing/measuring food, logging everything & staying within(or close to) the calorie limit. After that I'd reassess, I told myself. But in the space of a month you can find all sorts of ways to eat healthier things that satisfy you & here I still am 195 days later, still learning!

Exercise is very beneficial for the mind & does have body benefits of course, but weight loss is all about what you eat. My knees hurt an awful lot when I began my dance fitness. I had to strap up with kino tape & I only did 10-20mins initially. I was able to build myself up as the weight came off & before I knew it I didn't need tape anymore. But it's a process....my body needed time to adjust to what I was doing. Doing what you can, when your body allows you to is absolutely fine.

I know it's difficult, but if you eat within the range MFP sets you, you will lose weight. Small changes at a pace to suit you is the only way forward, really. It's just a case of getting out of bed & trying your best every day. Even if it's one sugar less in your coffee, resisting a chocolate bar once or finding a low cal food you love. Trying every day is what leads to results & it doesn't have to be a complete overhaul of your life from day one.

The other option of course is to give up & eat /drink what you want, but in a month's time... will you regret that decision?

This quote always resonates with me:
    "The time passes anyway. You can either spend it creating the life you want or living a life you don't want. You choose."

The time really does fly in & though you're having a bad day, it doesn't always feel this hard - promise! In time, most days will just feel normal. Of course there are periods where it gets sticky, but for me even the most difficult days don't compare to how difficult LIFE was being morbidly obese.

Wishing you all the luck & cheering you on from the sidelines :)
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    No results? Today? Day 4?

I urge you not to go down this road. You are not going to lose every day. This will make you crazy and soon.

Keep your food diary. Make that your goal. Do it no matter what. Save your life.