Anyone else going through a divorce??

Options
So long story short my husband and I are seperated and going through a divorce with a 3 year old. Just looking to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yes my daughter is 2. It sucks
  • becky611
    becky611 Posts: 77
    Options
    I never thought I would end up in the situation. Everything I thought I knew about our relationship was nothing but a giant lie. That is all he did was lie to me and boy did he do it so well.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes me too, sadly.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    divorced last year. same thing, compulsive liar & lazy bum.
    so this is a new me with a new life & new attitude
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Been there - hang in and be strong for your son. It will be a long road to travel but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your fitness goals in the back of your mind. When I got first was going through my divorce I lost over 20 pounds of just not eating. Then a couple years after I was emotional eating because I was lonely and gained over 30 pounds. I wish you peace at the end of this journey.
  • jend114
    Options
    I never thought I would end up in the situation. Everything I thought I knew about our relationship was nothing but a giant lie. That is all he did was lie to me and boy did he do it so well.

did we marry the same man? Thats what I've been thinking too lately.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Maybe...we are separated. After 20 years.

The stress does a number on my eating and exercise goals.
  • becky611
    Options
    did we marry the same man? Thats what I've been thinking too lately.
    [/quote]

LOL.. maybe we did. The lying is the worst part of it all. I thought that my marriage ending would be the toughest part but it is the fact that he lied to me this whole time. He was a coward who wasn't man enough to admit there was a problem. He ignored it and lied to my face every single day.
  • jend114
    Options
    I know how that is. He's still lying for no reason. I had to file for divorce bc he didn't have the balls to do it himself.
  • becky611
    Options
    I know how that is. He's still lying for no reason. I had to file for divorce bc he didn't have the balls to do it himself.

I am hurt by the situation but I realized yesterday that I am more mad and that I actually have hatred for him. I never thought I could hate him but yesterday opened my eyes to the fact that I do. I am most scared and concerned about being able to financially support my son and myself.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am, my kids are 3 and 8. I actually have been separated for 2 years now, just can't afford to make it official! My was a gambler who stole my $$$ and my and my mothers jewelry. Sad. Lots of stress which is hard on the weight loss. I work a lot, and don't have much free time. I have summers off and have the kids all summer and still work my weekend job. I only have a couple of weeks left before I go back to work at school so my hectic life will start again! I just need to stay on the weight loss boat I'm on now!
  • jend114
    Options

I am hurt by the situation but I realized yesterday that I am more mad and that I actually have hatred for him. I never thought I could hate him but yesterday opened my eyes to the fact that I do. I am most scared and concerned about being able to financially support my son and myself.

You can do it, its going to be a hard road believe me but you can do it. I'm here if you need to talk :)
  • becky611
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I am just trying to figure out and navigate this time in my life. I know time will make it better.
  • OnCmommy
    OnCmommy Posts: 40
    Options
    Yep, I am. My sons are 6 years & 18 months. We separated last July.
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    There is life after divorce. Take care of yourself, and don't feel the need to start another relationship right away. Be very picky about the next man so that you can ensure that you get the partner you deserve, and your son gets a good role model.
  • becky611
    Options
    There is life after divorce. Take care of yourself, and don't feel the need to start another relationship right away. Be very picky about the next man so that you can ensure that you get the partner you deserve, and your son gets a good role model.

You are so right. I have absolutely no desire to get into any relationship. My son is my biggest priority. I plan on taking this time to learn more about me and about who I am and the things that are important to me. I have realized alot about myself already.
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    BTW, my ex had a portrait studio set up at his sisters unoccupied house. He was recruiting models on-line to take there for nude sessions. All of this was going on during the day while I was at work. He was such a habitual liar that when he actually received his bachelor's degree, his mother insisted on seeing his diploma because he'd been claiming for years that he had degrees that the family knew he didn't. His daughters told me that he used to tell people that he had been a roadie for Jackson Browne. Not much of a role model.
  • becky611
    Options
    I find it amazing that the person that is suppose to love you the most is the one who lies to your face everyday. Mine is apparently a master liar. He played me like a flippin fiddle all this time.
  • becky611
    Options
    I have been trying to make myself eat, but I have absolutely no appetite. Im not hungry at all. i know this is not good at all, I just do not want anything.
  • GoodMorningGirl
    GoodMorningGirl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, girl! I too am a single mom of two, ages 8 and 6. I've been separated 3 years, divorced for one and half. You have some intense feelings to work through, but trust me, it gets better over time. I wish I had known more divorced people who could tell me that. The anger and sadness are so normal. I highly recommend reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. She wrote a memoir about healing from her divorce (and breakup from a boyfriend after that) that I really found meaningful. After a few years of feeling angry at him and sorry for myself and cheated and all that, I am finally coming through this happier than I've been in MANY years, including most of my married ones. I am focused on growing as a person and helping guide my kids through their childhood.