Gaining on this amount of food?

Options
I am 19 years old, 5’5 and 118 pounds, and sedentary. The only exercise I get is walking to and from class on a small campus. I am currently gaining weight on this diet:
In the morning I have 1 cup of golean cereal which is 160 calories, 2 egg whites from the hard boiled egg, coffee (fat free half and half and splenda), and 1 cup of spaghetti squash. Mid morning ill have carrots and strawberries. For lunch I have been having an 80 calorie greek yogurt with a side salad that has romaine lettuce and 20 cal dressing. Then I will usually have another piece of fruit (like raspberries or more strawberries) with an 80 calorie greek yogurt and another cup of spaghetti squash. For dinner I have a 5 oz piece of meat (usually salmon, swordfish, pork, or chicken) and so many vegetables. I fill an entire steamer bag full. And then at night ill have a cup of soy milk which is 80 calories and another 80 calorie greek yogurt. My weight to go from 115 to 118 in a week.

Replies

• zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Everyone's weight fluctuates day to day and can be affected by things like your cycle etc. How long have you been on your diet , how many calories are you eating total, are you using a food scale ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to maintain or?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates every day, due to all kinds of things. That's perfectly normal.

I would hope you are not trying to lose weight. You are already at the very low end of the healthy weight range for your height.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My weight went up 8 pounds once due to water retention. time of the month and muscle soreness. It's totally normal and happens a lot.
    It is not a big deal.