Hi! i'm Jeff

Options
I'm a 28 year old ex-high school athlete. I was a multi-year qualifying SJSIA swimmer that tore his shoulder his senior year. Then I started partying and smoked regularly, so ten years later I weighed 20-30lbs heavier. After surgery, I tried keeping up with playing ice hockey, softball, and surfing but have noticed that its been getting harder and harder each year.

So I've decided: Yesterday is the day I get my health back on track! I've started using MFP to watch what I eat (and was amazed at, even though I tend to eat healthier, my portions are huge) and started Day 1 of C25K (kicked both my dog's and my butt).

When I've tried to lose weight and get back into "fighting shape" I never had the assistance of a community. So I tended to give up when life got too busy (My wife and I volunteer a lot: community garden, theatre, ...). I am looking forward to making some good friends here and relying on the community to help keep me going!

I'm done rambling now :wink: haha

Replies

• mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey Jeff and WELCOME! You've made a great choice, and you will find lots of encouragement here! Like you said, just keeping up the food diary will open your eyes to a lot!

Good luck!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jeff! I think you will find a lot of support & information on MFP. I, too, tended to eat heathier, but never knew about portion control. It has made a difference for me. Good luck in your journey!
  • katnap05
    katnap05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I used to play martial arts 6 times a week but domestic bliss had me feeling all settled down and sedantary - before I knew it I had gained 30 pounds! I've been here for 3 weeks now and lost 4 pounds, it's a great awareness tool that will help you get there. Good luck to you and to me!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • Bratkins
    Bratkins Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here. :)
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome man, you WILL be succesful. Feel free to add me!
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jeff! This a good site to get you on track to losing those pounds as well as to give you the support you need to keep you on track. Good luck on your journey!