Ladies: who needs accountability?

Looking for female friends to add to help me stay accountable! I'm new to MFP and I think this'll help me stay on track.

I'm a runner and like to stay active. I'm 5'6 and have 12 to lose. Was thinking we could also make a Facebook group or GroupMe for support!

Replies

• ChichiVilla
    ChichiVilla Posts: 14 Member
    I’m turning 46 tomorrow. I started MFP 2 years ago when I wanted to lose 10lbs. I didn’t understood how to work with it, stopped working out and gained 10lbs instead of losing 10lbs. Would love to join the group for motivation
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    I need a lot more than accountability.
  • ChichiVilla
    Facebook sounds great! I don’t run but would love to open a group in FB! For now let’s keep talking here!
  • ChichiVilla
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Great!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Great!

how the hell is the great?
  • GabyAdamidis
    GabyAdamidis Posts: 10 Member
    I’m getting married in July and so far my weight loss attempts have repeatedly failed. Im dreading my wedding bc I don’t want to be overweight and not feel my best. I’m desperate for accountability and would love to join a Facebook group!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    edited February 2018
    Was thinking we could also make a Facebook group or GroupMe for support!

MFP allows you to "friend" people and communicate on their "walls".

It also allows you to create private forum groups that are separate from the main forums.

Have fun and enjoy MFP and meeting your goals!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    I can always use more accountability. I'm also a runner. Doing 80 Day Obsession right now also. I'm sort of trying to lose 3-4 more vanity lbs.
  • KDSH0305
    KDSH0305 Posts: 11 Member
    I would love to join an accountability group. I'm planning to run a half marathon in June and need to start training. I have about 25 pounds to lose.
  • ChichiVilla
    PAV8888 wrote: »

It also allows you to create private forum groups that are separate from the main forums.

I thought this was a forum group. How can we find them?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »

I thought this was a forum group. How can we find them?

This is a public forum group.

On the web version you can go: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups/browse/mine

At the right hand side you can create a new private forum group. Or look at a bunch of other (mostly inactive but some are very active) private discussion groups.

I mentioned it because you guys seemed to be looking for a private area.

It is more usual for people to friend each other on MFP. That way they can have discussions on each others' walls. But of course a forum can be seen by all participants at the same time.
  • kiwisandcoconuts
    kiwisandcoconuts Posts: 59 Member
    Hi! I was an runner with a couple half and one full marathon under my belt. Gained weight after kids and I'm slowly getting back into the groove of things. Would love to participate in an accountability group! Whether it be a group on MFP or Facebook - I'm down for anything :smile:
  • Pinkytiffy
    Pinkytiffy Posts: 37 Member
    I would love to join an accountability group. The struggle to stay on track is real. Add me!!
  • _caseyb
    _caseyb Posts: 51 Member
    I'd love to join in as well! Recently returned to MFP - 6 months postpartum. I had used it before my wedding back in 2015 and it was great motivation. I unfortunately gained all that back after baby. Recently joined Orangetheory and starting to meal prep so help staying accountable would be fantastic!
  • andreabrabham
    andreabrabham Posts: 116 Member
    I’m getting married in July and so far my weight loss attempts have repeatedly failed. Im dreading my wedding bc I don’t want to be overweight and not feel my best. I’m desperate for accountability and would love to join a Facebook group!

I'm getting married in July too! When are you getting married?