Fashion help needed!!

Options
BrownEyedG1rl
BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
I'm going to a wedding next weekend. I have a black dress to wear. I was going to wear black shoes, as usual, but I feel like I need to mix it up! I love the look of nude/tanish/beige shoes. Can I wear those with a black dress or is black to dark to wear with them? Here is an example of a shoe that I like:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/shoes/platform-pumps/83552133-romanelli/32

Sorry the link doesn't work!

Replies

• nekia1
    nekia1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Of course you can wear the nude heel! That is the way to go these days!! It will make you look simple yet refined!
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Get them in red if you can. A black dress with bright red heels is really hot! :)
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    first off. you are my hero today! i have been searching for nude peep toes to go with my bridesmaid dress for my bff's wedding! secondly, i think they would look fantastic with a black dress. is it all black? any details? you could also do a pop of color, like teal or purple or pink for shoes as well! have a blast!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    Options
    THere's some sparkle on the dress too. I thought about red too. I've always wanted red shoes! Red shoes and a little red purse? I will try both colors on and see what I"m feeling.

Thanks all!
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Those heels are really cute! Go for it, nude heels are really popular right now, anyway. Try to wear another color to break up the black, though, like a pretty belt or some chunky jewelry since black isn't a traditional color to wear to a wedding
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I am loving nude heels. I have an awesome pair and a pair of flats as well. Definitley my go-to shoe!

It think it will look fine with a black dress, but you can do pretty much anything with that.
  • swtkaylasmommy
    Options
    Get them in red if you can. A black dress with bright red heels is really hot! :)

i agree!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    My rule.. You can wear any color shoes with a black dress. I wore a black dress to my friend's wedding and bought a pair of awesome purple heels to go with it. Get creative!
  • liamsmummy09
    liamsmummy09 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I definitely think nude. You can then wear them with any outfit afterwards and you can always add colour with accessories.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    My vote is for red too but the nude heels are hot as well!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    Options
    Those heels are really cute! Go for it, nude heels are really popular right now, anyway. Try to wear another color to break up the black, though, like a pretty belt or some chunky jewelry since black isn't a traditional color to wear to a wedding

What is a traditional color to wear to a wedding. I didn't know black was wrong!
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options

What is a traditional color to wear to a wedding. I didn't know black was wrong!

Black isn't wrong exactly, it's just a mourning color so you might get some "this isn't a funeral" comments (I've worn black to a wedding before so this is form experience lol) :P Though, honestly, unless you're going to some sort of supremely stuck up affair I don't think anyone will care :) Definitely never wear white or off white to a traditional wedding, though, since this is considered really rude to the bride... Any other colors, as far as I know, are fine... I think it's 100% okay to wear your black dress as long as you accessorize appropriately!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    Options

Black isn't wrong exactly, it's just a mourning color so you might get some "this isn't a funeral" comments (I've worn black to a wedding before so this is form experience lol) :P Though, honestly, unless you're going to some sort of supremely stuck up affair I don't think anyone will care :) Definitely never wear white or off white to a traditional wedding, though, since this is considered really rude to the bride... Any other colors, as far as I know, are fine... I think it's 100% okay to wear your black dress as long as you accessorize appropriately!

Gotcha! Yeah, I know not to wear white! The bride will not care if i wear black so it's all good. Thanks so much for your advice!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I would go with the nude, those are awesome shoes, AND....wearing a nude heel makes your legs appear lean and LONG......♥
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    Options
    I would go with the nude, those are awesome shoes, AND....wearing a nude heel makes your legs appear lean and LONG......♥

I know...that is totally the look that i am going for! Thanks!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I love wearing silver heels with black, but I agree you can make any color work with black.
  • iAm_misspiggy
    iAm_misspiggy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If your undecided it's an excuse to buy completely new shoes... animal print! lol
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    I def say go with nude!
    They are super in style now, it looks classy & you can def re-wear the nude heel since they go with everything.
    & then you can play up the outfit with killer accessories!