Options

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    While Dr. Fung is a brilliant doctor, I worry about the long term effects of a keto diet. Long term data is missing I think. Keto does have a few upsides. It can help people with dementia, PCOS, and some forms of cancer, it also has the upside of helping to kill hunger.That can be good for people trying to lose weight, but I have also read that the rates of regain are about the same. I can't quote the study, but it would make sense. Keto for diabetics is also in question. Some studies show increased insulin resistance over time. I am still new to maintenance, so I have no idea what life holds for me long term.

Dr. Fung is a lot like Dr. Oz. He may have been a brilliant doctor, but he sold his soul to the almighty dollar and gave up his credibility when he started pimping junk science and bogus information for fame and money. They're barely more than prostitutes IMO.

Agreed, would I see him for a kidney problem. yes. Weight loss, nope! Almost went on the keto diet for maintenance with my body in a forced state of starvation. Would have probably destroyed myself! Went from 40+% bf to less than 9%! Hormones ruined! Keto would have probably made it worse. I stated in another forum earlier, I am very weary when MD's give weight loss advice.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks, inspiration was my intention.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    brig220 wrote: »
    Whatever, why do people have to be so extreme in their diets and point of views? There are plenty of people who don’t need keto to be thin, fit and healthy, just eat less and you’ll lose weight. I guess that eating less is a hard concept for some.

THIS
  • GoalGal50
    GoalGal50 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ooohhhh kaaayyyy let me move on to another forum...yikes
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!