New mommy back to MFP, looking for more support :)

Options
Katslimsdown
Katslimsdown Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2018 in Motivation and Support
I’ve already introduced myself but was hoping I could find some more support through this section! I’m 25 years old and a new momma. I’m 7 months post partum. I’ve lost 60+ lbs within 2-3 years prior to pregnancy and have gained about 30 back :s

I would love some more friends who are similar and trying to lose the baby weight. Or Anyone that’s trying to lose weight in general. ^_^ <3

Replies

• liezelEngel
    liezelEngel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi new mommy. I am 3 months PP and can also do with some motivation. I was about 25 pounds heavier than my ideal weight when I got pregnant. Ate what I wanted and didn’t workout at all throughout my whole pregnancy. I gained 60lbs. Lost 30 with delivery and within the first month, but was then stuck with the rest.. I am getting married March 31st and need to lose weight quickly.. I’m down 17lbs since January. Lots of dedication, with a couple of days/ weeks here and there where I “gave up”, but then got myself back in the game. I would like to lose about 10 more before the wedding. How are you making eating healthy and exercising work with a new baby? Any tips?
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Added you. We got this!!
  • haley2523
    haley2523 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You got this!
  • Jbgf73
    Jbgf73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a new mom 9 months PP with twins and looking for motivation. With twins I was told to gain 50 lbs, so I did exactly that! The first 20 lbs came off right away, but I have been struggling to lose the last 30. I started MFP a few weeks ago and have lost 3 lbs, but I am struggling with staying motivated to go out and exercise now that I am chasing my babies all day who are speed crawling in every direction. How do you stay motivated?
  • Jbgf73
    Jbgf73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LiezelEngel, It has been an ongoing process to make exercising work. At first it didn't work at all, then it only worked every other Tuesday. I finally had a heart-to-heart with my husband. Since then I was working out every day for about 30 minutes after he got home from work. I mostly go to the workout room at my apt complex, but sometimes I stay home and do an exercise video or turn on some music and line dance for an hour on days that I am too tired to leave the house. I was struggling staying motivated this last week because I was so tired after chasing the kids all day, so I am currently experimenting with waking up at 5:15am to exercise before my husband leaves for work so that I can just crash when he gets home in the evening.

As far as eating healthy, I am learning how to cook, lol
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 41 a mom of two under two and trying to lose the weight. I was at my healthiest when I got pregnant with my first, lost easily after she was born and then I was pregnant again quickly. Haven't lost it as easy this time but I'm logging daily and exercising as well. 8 months pp with my second
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a working mom to 2 kids and I am trying to get into shape! I am starting kickboxing next week and I'm hoping that fuels some motivation for me to get my *kitten* into gear lol
  • _caseyb
    _caseyb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well! My daughter just turned 6 months. I'm about 5lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight but still about 25 to go to my ideal. Just started 2x a week at Orangetheory and am working to better meal prep.
  • maryramos0880
    maryramos0880 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We has to be strong girls