New to MFP---

Options
Helloo all,

Today is DAY 1---- I have to do this, I have to stick to it!!! I need lots of encouragement so please keep the comments coming!!!

I weight 172 lbs and I would like to lose 32 lbs... Last summer I was 20lbs lighter :( ..It is depressing!!!!

I am looking forward to meeting new people and being able to do this "together" also hoping to change my eating habits and get back to working out every day!!! This is a big change and I need to focus on fitting into a beautiful dress for my engagement party that is 52 days away!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!! :wink:

Replies

• black0922
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I've found this to be the easiest program to stick with and see results! Feel free to add me!:happy:
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    No need to wish you luck - I bet you'll DO this :) But I do wish you success in all your endeavors!!!
    Congratulations on the upcoming engagement party - I wish you the best of happiness in your upcoming nuptials!!!

You let us know how we can help - MFP is a FANTASTIC place to meet, create a community of friends, and lose weight in a healthy way without surgery, gimmicks, or specific product lines being pushed to you - you'll do GREAT!!!!
    C.J.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am right there with you.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I stumbled on MFP purely by accident while searching for apps on my ipod one night. I am SO glad I did. I have discovered a lot about food and exercise and realized that I was going about it all wrong when I was only eating once a day last summer and working my butt off. I had no idea about eating your exercise calories and eating in general. I just assumed if I worked out and ate less, I would lose weight. MFP has been an eye opener for me! (and a great weight loss app)
  • hhudson1221
    Options
    Welcome! I wish you all the best. As for the goal of working out every day, I'd take it easy to begin with. 5 days a week is a good thing to work up to. Maybe on the 'off' days do something lighter like a walk, but not heavy cardio, or weights every day - its too much. Good luck!
  • MANDA7784
    Options
    Hey there! I am new too and I need some encouragement as well. Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other.
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I know you'll just love it. :)
    Feel free to add me!
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. I have been in weight watchers a couple of times over the past five years, spent too much money and never did reach my goal. MFP is simple and if you have a smart phone, it is always with you.
    I have followed the guidelines here and have lost close to 22 of the 35 pounds I wanted to take off just by logging and incorporating moderate exercize into my routine. Feel free to friend me.

Tracey
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You definitely came to the right place! The support here is phenomenal!! Feel free to add me as a friend! I'd love to help in any way I can. I'm new to MFP, but I've been on this rollercoaster for a long, and I mean, long time. :)