Stubborn fat

Options
Before asking this, I know spot reduction isn't really a thing and you lose weight from different spots in your body, but are there any tips for targeting stubborn fat? I have been losing weight in spots like my back/arms/stomach but my inner thighs are still pretty meaty and chafing hurts. Is this just genetics or is there anything I can do to target this?

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    That would still be spot reduction. Weight loss overall needs to be done.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Keep at it with consistent effort, and, in the meantime? Spanx.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Not sure if she has a lot. I’m on my phone, not laptop. Thought it was a different poster who..seemed to spot-store. Must have opened the wrong tab.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I hate chafing too. Vaseline/body glide on the problem spot is often recommended by people. Where I live its hot n humid so I havent tried.I have to deal with chafing when I want to run in shorts, prevention like spanx is good (I wear shorts with inbulit bike shorts for running). If I do get some rubbing usually just at the bike short line I apply ice/cold compress to area to reduce swelling after finishing exercise and then talcum powder for bed.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,147 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide is kinda excellent. Pretty much eliminated chafing (to the point of bleeding/scabbing) that I was getting every Winter just above my tailbone from the rowing machine seat (boat seats don't do that - go figure :( ).

I used to have thigh chafing, but don't anymore. Pretty sure Bodyglide would've been helpful.

Still have more inner thigh fat than I'd like, even had it when at BMI 20. Sure wish spot reducing worked . . . ! ;)
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have a bmi of 20 and still get occasional thigh chafing when running. I'm trying to lose a bit more weight and am so hopeful that it will come off my thighs but it'll probably just make my shoulders and hips even bonier
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,390 Member
    Options
    The chaffing might very well be genetics. We all have a genetically defined body, which includes how our hips are constructed and how far apart our thighs are. Also where we store fat preferentally. If all comes together you might just be unlucky there: narrow hips or thighs close together, and preferentally fat deposited on the inside of your thighs. I'm only writing this so you don't try for something that might in the end not be possible.