Food cravings during PMS - (FEMALE QUESTION!)

Options
Does anyone else experience intense cravings for carbs, sweets and chocolate during PMS and/or while on your period? I can’t stop snacking during this time of the month. Any ideas on how to curve my habit and stop indulging?

Replies

• kristinaTuckett
    kristinaTuckett Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Omg yess!! Terrible ones!
    I gave myself a little room with my calories for those 2-3 days but didn’t go overboard.
    But yes.... especially now that I’m two months in with MFP, and watching what I’m eating... now I’ve got the sweetest tooth! Hang in there girl!
  • Torygetsfit
    Torygetsfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get Horrible cravings! If you can stand the texture, I’ve found rice cakes useful. The different flavors are pretty good and only between 35-50 calories per cake. I grab a caramel one when I want sweet, or popcorn flavor when I want salty. They have helped me from over eating on other foods that are calorie heavy ( candy etc). Also halo top ice cream for sweet cravings!
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I get some cravings for red meat and chocolate, but what's worse is the urge to just eat, eat, eat! Anything and everything! I'm drinking so much tea trying to keep it under control.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Try extra dark chocolate. And fruit instead of processed carbs.
    Exercise helps reduce my cravings too.
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's cravings for certain foods but I find it takes more to make me feel full and satisfied so I find I snack a lot more. Crisps yogurt, protein bars, fruit...but it's all logged and tracked.
  • Fivefeetandhalf
    Fivefeetandhalf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly like you. I crave sweet snacks and junk food.
    Especially on the first 2 days.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I have coffee syrups to add to my black coffee or low cal hot choc drinks on hand, which I find really helps with the cravings especially if I'm feeling cold and ughhhh with it too. They don't eat too much into my calorie allowance either.