Forgiving yourself

So I’m a lurker. Have been for a long time here. I’ve been here off and on for years. Lost a good bit of weight and then slowly gained more of it back. And I’m definitely a self sabotager. This past week I ate horribly and went to the gym twice. Buuuuuutttttttt I came here to say I’m not going to beat myself about it like I normally would. I got up today, went to the gym, and then did my grocery shopping so my stuff is planned out for the week and I’m just gonna jump back on it the best I can.

Replies

• littlebrittlifts
    littlebrittlifts Posts: 225 Member
    That’s 100% the best mindset. Be kind to yourself; you’re human and weight loss/fitness isn’t always linear. We mess up, but we keep on. Don’t look back, honey, you aren’t going that way!
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Good plan!
    Being kind to yourself is very important.
    Nobody is perfect ( no matter if they portray themselves to be! )
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    There is nothing to forgive :) I doubt you planned on eradicating months of hard work. Maybe you just had a badly thought out maintenance plan - or none. Most of us have been there, done that. This time around, plan to eat and move for life.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Great rebound! We just finished the Olympics. Skiers and skaters fall all the time. Every time they fall, they get up and do it again. Keep going!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Great job at getting back on the bandwagon. Stay with it :)
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    You got it! :) We're humans and we make mistakes and sometimes can't do what we like. Be consistent and think long term, you'll be golden!
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    Don't beat yourself up! I've been doing it for years, and I decided to to finally kick that mean voice out of my life. We are always our own worst critics.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    You have got this. Be kind to yourself - we truly see ourselves in the harshest light.
  • megbelievesshecan
    megbelievesshecan Posts: 21 Member
    Preparation is key! I'm slowly learning that my mindset about weight loss is everything & if I treat myself badly or think about myself in a negative way, I'm not going to succeed. Good luck with your goals! :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    That's the attitude...just keep on going :smile: