Slim fast buddies

Options
Hi is anyone else doing slim fast or similar who is looking for friends. I am using the Tesco ones 2 stone 8 to loose by summer I hope.

Replies

• gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest - I've never seen the appeal, or logic, with Slim fast or similar things. I've always thought "why would I drink 220 calories as a meal, when I'm not in a rush, and I could have, say, hummus vegetables dips and an apple". Protein supplements I get, but that's for building muscle. But if it works for you why not!
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    So how are you going to learn portion control being on Slim Fast? Eventually you will get tired of it and have to eat normally again. Slim Fast isn't something you will do for the rest of your life is it? You need to just get used to eating appropriate portions of foods within your calorie allotment. That is sustainable in the long run. You may not like it at first, but you have a very low chance of succeeding without learning to control your portions or normal foods.

Well said!
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Prior to the days of Ensure's existence, I drank Slim Fast as a nutritional supplement when I had my wisdom teeth removed & thus was unable to chew, solid foods! To me it was like swapping 1 dessert for another, so instead of over consuming milkshakes I over consumed Slim Fast shakes & of course, I gained weight because I like them, too much!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    We aren't critizizing you, but the multi billion dollar system that promotes this *kitten*, takes your money, loyalty, enjoyment of food, and leaves you with a need for motivation and buddies.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I found slimfast to be helpful when I "used to" eat in bed. Instead of food I would drink a can of slimfast instead of eating a ton of junk food. My favorite was the cappuccino one. I never actually followed the slimfast diet but whatever works the best for you.
  • trish2016
    trish2016 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    hobansarah wrote: »
    Yes I like food but I struggle to cope with portion control and I am an emotional comfort eater so I like the strictest of this plan

Slimfast is not a long term solution you should buy a smaller plate fill it up and trick your brain into thinking that you are eating the same amount of food, I do slimming world, count cals on here, cut down salt & sugar, drink water and portion control as in use a smaller plate and dont cook as much food and have lost 15lbs since January. If you like me and you love food and to cook this is a better solution then wasting money on Slimfast plus those shakes and bars are disgusting.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You might lose weight on SlimFast, but if you don't learn how to eat within calorie range, it will almost inevitably be a temporary loss.
  • kooshky
    kooshky Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey! Are you still doing slim fast? I began today.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i like the chocolate drink with cookies
  • debbiebeeching
    debbiebeeching Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started with the asda ones, they are quite nice. I just have one for breakfast.
  • healthyknitter1987
    healthyknitter1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Slimfast (and etc) is useful, like others have said, if you are in bed. Particularly, for medical reasons (surgery recovery, etc) and need something easy and quick and don't have someone to make you food. It is not going to teach you real portion control though! I do like them and have a bunch of them that I have used when I have been on bed rest.
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Why come on to MFP a site and community that promotes a healthy sustainable lifestyle by calorie counting, portion control and exercise, only to ask who is doing the meal replacement "diet", then get offended when others question why you have chosen to it in the first place...smh.