One Use For What You Would Weigh In Five Weeks

Options
So I had a real bad day yesterday, it started with making chocolate chip cookies with my niece in the morning, I was going to eat just one or two. This of course turned into eating six. Followed by snacking and eating the entire day long. On a positive note I kept track (semi did not weigh) of what I was stuffing in my mouth. I managed to eat over 2000 calories. This morning I had gained 3,2 pounds from Saturday, I weigh everyday and I know really did not gain that much over night.
Anyway the reason for this post, I have seen people post in the past that they did not like the little message that they got when you close out your diary and it states what you would weigh in five weeks. But this morning I looked at mine from yesterday, because it would be easy for me to eat like I did yesterday and that is probably why I have always been overweight no way am I going back to that weight, So I found a use for that information it is an excellent kick in the rear, when you mess up big time.

Replies

• Ziggy2875
    Ziggy2875 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It told me if I ate everyday like yesterday in five weeks I would gain almost 20 pounds. Yikes
  • fitforeternity493
    fitforeternity493 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth as well.. And a serving size can quickly turn into five or six.. And seeing what you could weigh if you keep eating the junk food is very depressing yet motivating. It really is a valuable tool.
  • KelliCruikshank
    KelliCruikshank Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am curious. I never go over my calories but in the lat week it says I’d lose nine to five pounds. If I am counting calories what would make the difference I wonder?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I am curious. I never go over my calories but in the lat week it says I’d lose nine to five pounds. If I am counting calories what would make the difference I wonder?

Because it's not very smart. It's not even looking at the average of what you've eaten for the week. All it's saying is if you ate exactly the number of calories you closed your day with on a given day, every single day for five weeks, and didn't have any fluctuations in water weight due to TOM, muscle repair or sunburn, changes in hydration or food in you digestive tract, or the moon being sightly out of alignment :tongue: this is what you'd weigh based on a mathematical formula. It's basically worthless.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Because it's not very smart. It's not even looking at the average of what you've eaten for the week. All it's saying is if you ate exactly the number of calories you closed your day with on a given day, every single day for five weeks, and didn't have any fluctuations in water weight due to TOM, muscle repair or sunburn, changes in hydration or food in you digestive tract, or the moon being sightly out of alignment :tongue: this is what you'd weigh based on a mathematical formula. It's basically worthless.

Not to mention your activity level would have to be the same down to the last step :tongue:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »

Not to mention your activity level would have to be the same down to the last step :tongue:

That too!
  • jlsmith4439
    jlsmith4439 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also find that little not motivating specially when I eat to much ! Scary how easy we slip back