Getting thin again isn't easy

Options
When you think about weight loss do you think how did I get this large? Me too. This is not what I had planned for my life I was always thin growing up. I started to gain weight when I did therapy for endometriosis. Although this medication did help me get the love of my life (Sean) after I had my son I had gotten back down to a decent weight. When my son was two hello hysterectomy. I am not blaming that as the reason I am fat. I only have myself to blame. I went from an active job to a sit on my *kitten* all day, drinking a two liter plus and eating like crap. As I became less active I started to feel horrible about myself. I can’t even keep up with my 9 year old running not going to happen (I have size H breast).
No I really did not realize how much I had put on until it was to the point that I was thinking about weight loss surgery I had bloomed to 255 pounds at 5’6”. What did I do to myself, how did I let this happen? Looking into the mirror I don’t believe my eyes. When I have to buy a size 24 pant what the *kitten*, not only was my waist line an issue working out was an issue due to my breast size. That is about to change as I am scheduled for a reduction on the 31st of January 2018, after the healing process I plan on working out as much as I can. I would really like to include my family into to this. This is not going to be an overnight thing or just oh lets lose it and go back to the old ways, I have done that before. I was down to 184, so I gained my 30 back plus another 40.
Now a lot of my friends have asked me if I plan on using a lot of Pinterest for my meal planning, yes and NO. I like food, I like flavor. Boring food will get boring and you will go back to eating the way you did in the beginning. I will have my menu done weekly and I will meal prep for the week so I am not buying the deep fried hospital food that is so easy. I will not make my boys eat what I am, salad and a 9 yr. old really don’t mix that well. I would die if I could get my husband to east anything but green beans and corn (canned) insert eye roll. I will learn to eat flavorful foods and still lose the weight. Like I said this is not a quick fix but a lifestyle change. My goal is to be able to run in the 5k in June. I have never been a runner.

So the BR surgery is done. They took off 5 pounds. I am still very sore more tender and touchy than anything. I did meal prep but I left my lunch at home today. I weighed 239 the other day  I know that I have to get this fat off but healing is taking a lot out of me. I feel tired all the time. I started back to work after only 2 weeks post op and man by the end of day I am done. I really want to get this weight off and it is mind over matter. I just need to move my *kitten*. I did not go through this much discomfort to not follow through with this. I need to bring my sexy back.

Replies

• Vicki66C
    Vicki66C Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mind over matter - yes, thank you for that reminder to myself as I struggle daily and am similar in your stats, sedentary job, less active and hysterectomy. We can do this and like you said "mind over mater" Thank you again for that reminder. Now lets bring sexy back!