How to load carbs on a lifting day on a workout week to maximize gains ?

Options
How to load carbs on a lifting day on a workout week to maximize gains ?

Say you are going to lift today in the evening and this is your first day of the week and you want to lift heavy with maximum glycogen levels .

Is there a carb loading strategy you follow during the day ?

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Dr. Mike Israetel on carbs and carb "backloading"

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/01/04/carbs-the-training-fuel/

http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2014/05/q-with-dr-israetel-of-renaissance.html

btw - it's been over a year. How goes your progress?

• MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    CARB TIMING

Carb timing is not nearly as important to results as are carb amounts, but it does have some influence on outcomes. A couple of easy rules apply:

Consuming carbs in the last meal before training can improve performance of the training session
    Consuming fast-digesting carbs, usually as sports drinks, during an activity that lasts longer than an hour can improve tail-end performance of that activity and spare muscle loss, especially when combined with a fast-digesting protein like whey
    Consuming carbs in the 4-6 hour window post-workout replenishes glycogen faster and more completely than eating the equivalent amount of carbs during other parts of the day

Nice article !
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I have been on a cut for over 2 months now after lean bulk of 6 months. I think during cutting I m missing the perfect strategy to use carbs . Your article looks like a great starting point to me . I also saw a video from Bodybuilding.com by Jym fitness professional he was saying to maximize gains recovery the pre and post work out nutrition was extremely important .
    My objective for the next months is to maximize gains during a cut .