HELP!! Need help losing last 15 lbs

Options
So i have been doing MFP for a week now which isn't very long i know. But my weight has stayed the same, i am not sure if i am doing something wrong. I workout 2 hrs a day burning anywhere from 400-750 calories based off of my heart rate monitor. I eat all 1200 calories plus my calories burned in my workouts should i not be eating the calories burnt in my workout? I know that when i wear my heart rate monitor all day i don't burn that many calories in my sedentary lifestyle. So do you think MFP has a wrong calculation? Also i lost all my initial weight from starvation diets so i am wondering if i need a while to try and fix my metabolism? Please help if you know how to deal with this!

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    experiment it, I don't always eat my exercise calories, i definitely do not eat them all back, but everyone's different. I have lost 33.7 lbs up to date (not my best). I gain weight every so often, but it eventually goes back down. Its part of life.
  • rockstarmike000
    Options
    I'd say all you need to do is stop eating back your exercise calories, at least for a little while. I try to eat 1200 - 1300 and take an hour long walk (about 250 calories burnt) a day. If I eat more than that, I exercise more too. I lost 14 pounds in the last 31 days.
  • seyran
    seyran Posts: 43
    Options
    I do not eat my exercise calories. And I suggest you not to. At least not all of them. (maybe eat only 1/3 of it)
  • Mcdonaldfitandfree
    Options
    Make sure that you are eating things that don't have alot of carbs in it too, and make sure you don't eat lots of carbs after 7.
    If you already know this I'm sorry :(
    If you eat carbs that are not complex too close to bed time, you will not burn the fat.
    If you are staying at the same weight, you may be eating too late and you are maintaining the weight and those carbs are turning into fat.
    You are working out, but its all being evened out because of how late you may be eating.

If none of this is true, it may help someone else out.

Taking Zeal for Life and loving it!
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    I am trying to lose the last 15 too. These 15 lbs are the hardest 15 lbs I have ever tried to lose. A few months ago, I wouldnt have thought it would be such a struggle. But, these past two months have been SUPER tough. Throughout my weight loss journey, I had lost 85 lbs in 7 months and I never eat my calories back. However, as I near the finish line, I am finding myself mixing it up just to find something that works. This week I will try the slow carb way. I did it a few weeks ago, and lost 4 lbs quickly (and didnt gain it back). 4 lbs for someone that is 171 in a week is a WHOLE bunch of weight. Usually people dont lose that in a month, so I was pleased. Hopefully this week I will get similar results, which will bring me to losing less than 10 to reach 100 lbs gone! Horrah!
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Creating a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight! The old "calorie in-calorie out" trick!
    So...by not eating your exercise calories you are creating that deficit...therefore the weight will come off.

Try to pack your diet w/ protein rich foods so the lesser amount of calories won't slow you down..rather give you the energy you need for the long workouts. Make every food count for nurtritous content. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily is crucial to flush the burnt (metabolized) fat from your body...

And yes, give your body a chance to adjust to the huge changes you are making...

Keep plugging away at it...you'll do it!!!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you work out at a gym or at home but I use an Arc Trainer at the gym and you can burn a ton of calories on it. I burn on average 1000 per hour. It's not easy but I feel so much better when I'm done.

Also, I would just set realistic goals and try not to get down on yourself if the weight isn't coming off as fast as you'd like.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    So i have been doing MFP for a week now which isn't very long i know. But my weight has stayed the same, i am not sure if i am doing something wrong. I workout 2 hrs a day burning anywhere from 400-750 calories based off of my heart rate monitor. I eat all 1200 calories plus my calories burned in my workouts should i not be eating the calories burnt in my workout? I know that when i wear my heart rate monitor all day i don't burn that many calories in my sedentary lifestyle. So do you think MFP has a wrong calculation? Also i lost all my initial weight from starvation diets so i am wondering if i need a while to try and fix my metabolism? Please help if you know how to deal with this!

from everything i've read the last 10-15lbs is always the hardest to lose. it may be time to switch up your routine. try cutting back your exercise time by half an hour. are you giving your body rest days?

i agree that nutrition is very very important. check the foods you eat for number of carbs AND sodium. some of the supposedly "healthy" foods out there are loaded with carbs, sodium and a whole bunch of other preservatives. try keeping your carb intake at or below 100g per day and see what that does for you after a week. this kind of diet will force you to eat more veggies & lean proteins, which will hopefully help you lose. also make sure you're hydrating enough and gettin enough sleep. what's your stress level right now? high stress can also impact/impede weight loss.

try not to get discouraged, the weight will come off. you just have to figure out how your body wants you to do it! also keep in mind that being committed to a "number" may be the wrong approach. it may be that you don't NEED to lose another 10-15lbs, but toning and sculpting will get you the "look" you're trying to acheive. anywho, that's my 45 cents, hope it helps :-)