What exercises do you use to slim arms?

Options
Does anyone have fat arms or gain weight in their arms and have or is losing arm fat?

WHAT EXERCISES DO YOU DO, HOW OFTEN?

Replies

• SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can’t choose where you lose/gain fat but I imagine weight training would be useful for improving appearance.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    SteamPug wrote: »
    You can’t choose where you lose/gain fat but I imagine weight training would be useful for improving appearance.

This.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Lose weight/fat to slim your arms... focus on a long term, sustained calorie deficit. Exercise isn't required. If you choose to do it, it doesn't matter what you do.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    Sadly, there is no spot reducing. You lose fat first where your genetics dictates, but weight loss is the way out of fat arms eventually. Exercise, especially strength training, will help your arms look better.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree. As you lose weight, your arms will slim down. What I really like about my arms now is that they feel "full" since I've really made an effort to get stronger. Instead of just being chubby, they look like they have muscle in them, which makes me feel better about how they look.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Fat over bone looks like fat. Fat over muscle looks shapely.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce as others sad, so weight will come off from all over the body once one loses weight. Good luck!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce and choose where fat comes off first.
    All you can do is reduce overall body fat (caloric deficit) and wait for it to come off from where you want.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    alicebhsia wrote: »
    i used to always have chubby arms, no matter how skinny i got until i started working as a rural postal carrier. we had to deliver mail out of our own cars so it involved a lot of reaching out the passenger side window. after working there my arms got so skinny and the other women carriers who worked with me had scrawny looking arms too. (but strong i'm sure) so i would recommend a lot of reaching exercises where you like reach your arms out as far as you can, sorting the mail too gave a lot of exercise, so maybe also imagine putting thousands of letters in a cabinet full of slots, some high, some lower, and do the corresponding motion, kind of like throwing a dart. it would take some patience thought i think to do it for long enough to make a difference. holding a very small weight would probably help. @letta165

um, no. sorting mail and darts are not the best ways to lose weight in your arms! as everyone else said OP, you cannot spot reduce.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Yeah we can't spot reduce unfortunately... just keep eating at calorie deficit and your arms will lean out too eventually.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    You can however tone and shape with muscle. Are you working out in a gym or at home? At the gym it's best to ask someone which machines will do what you want. I don't know thier names but ones with lots of lifting and pulling help, lol.
    At home you can use Google or youtube to find lots of excercises to tone and strengthen. You can't target fat, but you CAN target underlying muscles.